No-poo?

Been hearing stuff about no-poo meaning you dont use shampoo. How many of you use just baking soda and vinegar? How do you do this? Cant leave box of baking soda in shower I assume. Did you do it a few times a week when you started? Please tell me what your experience has been!

ria7

Asked by ria7 at 12:11 PM on Aug. 9, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• The first week or so is horrible. As your natural oils start to take over (self-cleaning) you will feel the urge to grab the nearest bottle of Suave.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 12:13 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• How is it after the first week Jade? Do you still use this method?
    ria7

Comment by ria7 (original poster) at 12:15 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• There is actually a product called No Poo. It's made by Deva Curl. It's kind of funky to get used to at first. I didn't like it. But here is more information:

Deva Curl

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:18 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• When I was a no poo girl, I kept a jar of baking soda in the bathroom. Before starting the shower, I'd measure some into a jar I kept in the tub, that had measuring lines on it. I'd do the same with vinegar. Then when I had the water running, I would fill both jars to the 1 cup line and swirl the baking soda jar to disolve the soda. Then pour the baking soda solution over my hair and massage my scalp. Rinse, then repeat with the vinegar jar. Rinse again. In theory, your hair comes out shiny and clean. There's something funky about the water where I live though and my hair didn't take kindly to this kind of treatment.

I got super good results from thoroughly wetting my hair every day and combing with a fine tooth comb (I used a flea and tick comb from the pet store), 100 strokes every day. My hair looked amazing doing this.

Now I use a completely organic poo called Aubrey Organics. LOVE IT.
    eema.gray

Answer by eema.gray at 12:23 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Did and still do this and I only use the baking soda and vinegar on my hair once a week though I get it wet every day in the shower. At first I did the baking soda every other day just like I did when shampooing and then slowly cut back to once a week. My hair is healthier and I use absolutely NO styling products on it and it is beautiful all the time. I keep an air tight tote with the baking soda on the shelf in the bathroom and I just put a little into a small cup when I go to get in the shower. I add a little water to make a runny paste and rub it into my scalp. I then use straight apple cider vinegar and keep pouring it over my head and catching it about 20 times and then I let my ends soak a few minutes in it and then I rinse it all. By shampooing the way most people do we have trained out bodies to over produce oil so it takes time for your body to learn NOT to produce that oil. For me it was about 2 months.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 1:04 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• There are a lot of blogs and websites out there that walk you through it. I have considered it, but have not taken the plunge yet.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 8:38 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Wow, never tried that one. I dont know if I could handle the smell of the vinegar!
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 9:01 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I tried it and my hair was really dry.
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 5:29 PM on Aug. 18, 2010