Do REAL no drip water bottles exist?

I've had a rabbit, guinea pigs, mice, and hampsters in the past. I now have a rat. I've NEVER had a rodnet water bottle that didn't drip. It's messy, it wets the bedding, and it's wasteful. I distill our drinking water (even the animals') and it takes a long time so I don't like to see it all drip away. Every bottle advertises itself as non drip. How do I find one that really doesn't? I'm using the one that came with the cage for now.

jus1jess

Asked by jus1jess at 12:12 PM on Aug. 9, 2010 in Pets

• I have no idea what brand I had for my hamster but it didn't leak. what about putting a small dish under the bottle to catch any drips.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 12:14 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• hmmmm- we use one that has the little metal ball in the spout and ours doesnt drip. - unless it is shook or something.
    hotrodmomma

Answer by hotrodmomma at 12:16 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• We had guinea pigs and the bottles always dripped. The bedding gets wet, the guinea pig pooed in his food bowl. It's animals, that's what they do. LOL!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:16 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Mine is the type with the ball in it. It still drips. I guess I can just put something under it and hope he doesn't throw it.
    jus1jess

Comment by jus1jess (original poster) at 12:22 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I agree, put a small bowl under it to catch any water drops. I would get a heavier dish so you don't have to worry about him being able to push it over or anything.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 2:57 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Mine don't drip either. It's all about the position. Instead of using the wires they come with, I use a hair elastic to secure them in place. That helps secure it tighter.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 2:58 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Do real No drip coffee pots exist? I cant find one that dosnt piss down the side if you dont pour really slowly.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 8:22 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I know they have them. I just don't know what the brand is. It's been so long since I've had a guinea pig or rabbits lol
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 4:56 PM on Aug. 11, 2010