Am i just over reacting?

Me n my husband have been trying to have a baby for 5 months now n nothin is happening, im starting to think i cant have kids! n i really dont know what to do!

Mrs.Simmons09

Asked by Mrs.Simmons09 at 12:24 PM on Aug. 9, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• stop worrying about it. my husband and I tried for 3 years to get pregnant after having our first son and 4 miscarriages. It will happen when the time is right. When I stopped thinking about it is when I got pregnant.
    travisnowensmom

Answer by travisnowensmom at 12:27 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• i wouldn't say you are over reacting. there are a number of things that could be doing it. for instance diet( perfect example is if you are drinking green tea), exercise levels, stress levels, your body may just need a vitamin or two like folic acid and b 12. if i were you i would talk to your obgyn and just ask them if there is anything that may help or to do a screening of fertility. best of luck to you
    candle5

Answer by candle5 at 12:28 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Honestly don't worry yet its too early. Sometimes when people are too stressed about trying to have kids well they just dont get pregnant. I have personally had friends who were so stressed about getting pregnant that the moment they started to relax about it , was when they finally were pregnant. Also sometimes we dont get immediately pregnant it can takes a couple of months. If you still havent gotten pregnant in about 12 months then I would recommend to seek a Dr just to make sure. Good luck and God bless.
    sailormoonjen85

Answer by sailormoonjen85 at 12:29 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Most doctors won't see you and do anything until it has been a year so I wouldn't be too worried. Are you charting and know when you ovulate? If not then that could help with TTC. Also stressing about things tends to make it hard to get pregnant too. Call your doc and get in for a preconception visit and talk about your diet, exercise level, weight, etc and see if there is anything the doc might be concerned about there too. Other then that relax and read "taking charge of your fertility".
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 12:53 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I agree with sailormoonjen85. I wouldn't worry about it until you have gotten to the 12 month mark. Have you had a recent OBGYN appointment? Have you discussed your desire to have a baby with your doctor?

There are also a number of things that can help you to get pregnant. Stress is a huge obstacle, try to relax. Were you on birth control before you began trying? Because the hormones can keep some women from getting pregnant right away. After sex, do you lie on your back for a while, or do you get up right away? Weight gain is also an obstacle, the heavier you are, the harder it is to get pregnant for many women. You can try the ovulation kits, they have helped a number of people, as there really is a short window for getting pregnant each cycle. Do you have regular periods?

Good luck, and relax! It will happen when it's meant to be. And definitely go to the OBGYN if you aren't pregnant within a year.
    kathria

Answer by kathria at 12:58 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Go buy/read 'Taking Charge of Your Fertility'. Knowledge can help you stay sane.
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 3:29 PM on Aug. 9, 2010