What's wrong with my 12month old?

Hello! My little girl recently (past 2 days) has been sick, she is vomiting and had a mild fever. I looked for motrin since tynenol has been recalled and its sold out everywhere-----------so I bought Equate pain reliever for infants. So its day 3 and she is still vomiting and has a fever, she is barely eating anything and refuses to drink juice or water. What should I do? Also the hospital really isnt doing anything

sailormoonjen85

Asked by sailormoonjen85 at 12:26 PM on Aug. 9, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• call her actual pediatrician/doctor
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 12:29 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• talk to her dr. Try popsicles to keep her hydrated. good luck.
    avpriddis

Answer by avpriddis at 12:30 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• THANKS
    sailormoonjen85

Comment by sailormoonjen85 (original poster) at 12:31 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Fever is the body's way of fighting off infection. You don't want to give meds to bring down the fever. Any medication is hard on a baby's liver (one of the problems with Tylenol). If the baby's fever is under 104 I wouldn't be concerned.

You need to watch for dehydration. If breastfeeding even if she keeps breastmilk down a short time it can help. If she becomes dehydrated you need to take her to the doctor, urgent care center, or ER.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:36 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• If they are vomiting more than 24hr the pedi should always be called :) And in the meantime hydration is key :)
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 12:36 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I would definitly try and contact her pedi. In the mean time follow the moms suggestions in keeping your little one well hydrated and if you feel like she is getting too warm try bathing her in luke warm water. Gl sweetie and i hope she feels better.
    Proudparent707

Answer by Proudparent707 at 1:46 PM on Aug. 9, 2010