blood in stool omg help plez

ok awhile ago my newphe went to the bathroom and did a number two well i went to wipe him and there was blood on the wipe and see he dnt go to the bathroom everyday he goes every 2 or three days with out havin a bm or een a week and when he goes they are not little the get so huge like to the point where you cant flush it you have to get it out i want to kno if any of yall have had this situation with your child or siblings or any kink of relitive and wat should i do is it normal it only happns when he hasnt gone in a couple of days and he says it hurts when he goes and this has happen to my mom when she has cleaned him as well

senior_2OO8

Asked by senior_2OO8 at 12:36 PM on Aug. 9, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I think it sounds like he's tearing and it's causing bleeding. Is the blood bright red? If it's dark red or black then it's higher up in his digestive system. I would still call his doctor.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:38 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• it was like a bright red and see hes only 6
    senior_2OO8

Comment by senior_2OO8 (original poster) at 12:39 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• ya he is probably tearing a little as it comes out since he is constipated. Constipation can cause him hemroids as well and that is VERY painful!!!! he needs to have more fiber incorporated in his diet. Also you may talk with a doctor about using a fiber supplement such as Benifiber. but best case scenario would b more fruits and veggies. For a quick fix prune juice or prunes themselves may work. They also make many yummy high fiber cereals.

hotrodmomma

Answer by hotrodmomma at 12:40 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• It sounds as if he made be constipated- I'd call the doctor- he made a product to soften his stools. often times bleeding is d/t straining and the passing of hard, constipated stool. In the meantime, up his fluid intake-especially water.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 12:41 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• A child over 5 should be able to wipe himself! If he is having large stools that is what is causing the blood. He may be taking meds that are causing constipation. Other changes he can make is stop drinking milk, limit milk products, increase fiber, eat high fiber cereals, and oatmeal. I have had digestive problems since I was a baby that started from my mother giving me too much milk.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:41 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• oh... being dehydrated can also cause constipation- LOTS OF WATER!
    hotrodmomma

Answer by hotrodmomma at 12:41 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Definitely have him increase his fiber intake. More fruits, veggies, some high fiber cereals, etc. If that doesn't help, he should go to the doctor. And why isn't he wiping his own bum now? He's old enough.

Poor kid, I hope he gets better soon!
    kathria

Answer by kathria at 12:46 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• You've already been given the advice I was going to offer, but since I'm here, I'll just reiterate what the other's have said. Red blood means that he is tearing due to the constipation. Watch his diet. Aim for less processed foods, and limit dairy. Go for high fiber--whole grains, beans, and fresh or dried fruit (like prunes)--and plenty of water. If his constipation continues after making dietary changes, make sure he is seen by his doctor.

jsbenkert

Answer by jsbenkert at 12:48 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• just as everyone else said, constipation and he tore. That happened with my son and the doc had me give him Miralax every day for 3 months. Encourage fluids and limit dairy and bananas.
    Jadegirl1819

Answer by Jadegirl1819 at 1:50 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Watch foods though. A friend was saying that she gave her child bananas and they were consipated, however it gives my sister the runs. Hydration is a good corse. Just watch him and when he is going better note what foods he has eatten and that might tell you good foods to make sure he eats to give him better bms. Apple juice works wonders on my kids!!
    tichelle

Answer by tichelle at 6:38 PM on Aug. 9, 2010