Almost time to select new candidates for president...who do you think will run?

Or do you know who is running against Obama? I'm sorry but in the past couple years he hasn't really done much to make a huge difference in our country. The only thing different he's done is be the first president to be on a daytime talk show. Oooooo! That really has an impact on people. Yeah...an impact that makes them want to CHANGE THE CHANNEL! He really needs to get with the real program and run the damn country!

Okay sorry about my rant. i will stop now.

GinNTonic

Asked by GinNTonic at 12:36 PM on Aug. 9, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I don't even want to think about it lol. It's bad enough that it's the center of must news channels for like a year. Unfortunately it's not like President Obama is the core problem with this country's political problems or economical for that matter. A simple change of power doesn't really affect as much a people think. I think the whole problem with politics in this country boils down to the two party system right now. It's all a game any more, people aren't standing for what they say they are. It's a shame that a new party can't just come out of the wood work without likely ending like the Bull Moose Party. Sigh. Whoever runs against President Obama and whether or not he wins or not I don't forsee much change that I'll be happy with.
    MamaSarah1104

Answer by MamaSarah1104 at 12:41 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I don't know, but I hope Nader comes back.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 12:48 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• ITA with Sarah. Doing what is RIGHT for the country amounts to political suicide for most politicians- It is a game and the chief players are the politicians and special interest groups. No one cares about individual citizens or small business owners-even if we make up the back bone that supports the nation. I see many who are pining away for Nov and 2012, and I just shrug-nothing will change different group of AHs, same BS, imo. Bought and paid-
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 12:48 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Lots of people will run. Two will be in the general election.
    That's my prediction.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 12:53 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Gingrich says he's more serious about running than ever before ( does that include the time he actually DID run??)

Other than that, who knows...

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 12:58 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Also, OP you have to accept that the problems present in the US are global issues- the solutions involve many countries. good luck trying to get multi-national officials to agree-

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 1:10 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Both parties will push Dumb and Dumber again. (some of the old names are coming us again, they where wrong before they are wrong now, same old sh%t)

I will vote for the best one no matter what party, might be 3th party.

I just want to say DO THE DAM RESEARCH PEOPLE don't listen to CNN or some in fox.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 1:18 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Unfortunately it's not like President Obama is the core problem with this country's political problems or economical for that matter.

No but he should have a better solution besides health care reform.
    GinNTonic

Comment by GinNTonic (original poster) at 1:50 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I'm not sure because I don't think any one who has hinted that they might run would be someone I might pick. I think after the 2010 elections we will start seeing more of those who want to run.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 2:18 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• The only thing different he's done is be the first president to be on a daytime talk show.

Didn't the Bushes sit for an interview with Dr. Phil during his term?
    Youngwifey2

Answer by Youngwifey2 at 2:24 PM on Aug. 9, 2010