Curly hair question.

My 3 year old had soft loose curls, but they get tangled so easy and it is hard to brush. What is a good shampoo and conditioner I could use, so it doesn't hurt when I brush her hair?

None of us has curly hair so this is all new to me.

PoisonousBlonde

Asked by PoisonousBlonde at 12:45 PM on Aug. 9, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• the kids sauve is great for curly headed kids! and if you want the curls to stay soft and managed through the day you can use aloe instead of gel or mousse. it's alot easier on the kids...plus as a side note it helps detangle and then you just bend the hair back with a finger scrunch and it will hold their lovely little curls for the day.
    candle5

Answer by candle5 at 12:50 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Use the Suave kid's shampoo/conditioner in one, and the Suave de-tangler spray. It works great :-)
    My sister has thick, curly hair and a few sprays of the de-tangler stuff makes is so easy to comb.
    I also use it for myself and my own hair is super curly.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 12:47 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Buy the Suave Detangler, it's in the shampoo isle. It works great.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 12:48 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• My daughter has soft loose curls and yes, they sure do get tangled easily. I use Johnson & Johnson No More Tangles spray, and it works great! (We don't use a special shampoo)
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 12:48 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• any kids 2n1 shampoo there is a detangling spray for kids too
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 12:48 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I would use a no-tangle kids shampoo. Then, while wet, use a wide tooth comb to ease through the hair. Finally, a spay on leave in conditioner to refresh before you brush it after it dries naturally.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:49 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Thanks ladies! I thought there was a detangler for curly hair, but I didn't see any when I looked. I will go get some from Walmart. Anything to help make brushing her hair easier.
    PoisonousBlonde

Comment by PoisonousBlonde (original poster) at 12:52 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• both my DD's do and it's not so much a shampoo (which by the way I am using a tea tree shampoo to prevent lice since school is staring up again) anyhow, it is more about a good conditioner, also i typically use a leave in or spray in conditioner afterwards. then use a pik only on wet hair (a brush breaks wet hair) then start from the bottom and work up to the roots in small sections. good luck momma!

hotrodmomma

Answer by hotrodmomma at 12:52 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• It's not so important that you get a specific shampoo or conditioner. As someone who has extremely curly hair and a mother of a child with curls as well... It's more important that you don't brush it while it's dry. Load up the hair with conditioner and brush or comb it through THEN rinse. I never use detanglers or anything on our hair, but leave in conditioner is a blessing!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:53 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• When she's in the bath/shower and you have conditioner in her hair, use a wide-tooth comb to comb through it, then carefully rinse & dry, and again use a wide-tooth comb to comb through. Don't use a brush - stick with the wide-tooth comb.
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 1:27 PM on Aug. 9, 2010