Weight gain.

My first pregnancy I gained 25 lbs total. Which my OB was happy w/ and said was the average amount and I didnt feel too much like a whale and didnt struggle much to lose it afterwards. All was good. But this pregnancy I am 27 weeks and already have gained 25 lbs! I still have 3 months to go and the biggest months too. I'm worried that i'm going to gain a whole lot.

I dont think I eat bad. We eat rather normal balanced meals. Like any pregnant woman, I have my days where I want some ice cream, or cheesecake, etc random junk foods. But I try not to make a big habit of that stuff. And I excercise.

Anyone else gain like crazy?

LovesHerKiddos

Asked by LovesHerKiddos at 12:51 PM on Aug. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• you may not gain that much weight at the end of this pregnancy. it is different for everyone.c in the '50's the recommended very little weight gain so the baby would be small and easier to deliver. if there is one thing dr's don't know anything about, it seems to be growth!!!!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 12:55 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Well... with my first pregnancy i gained 35 to 40 lbs. Most of which came on towards the end. However, with my second.. which was born dec. 09 i gained 20 lbs within the first 7 months and didnt gain but maybe 3 lbs at the very end. I think all pregnancys are diffrent. You may be retaining more water you just never know. Dont stress hun
    Proudparent707

Answer by Proudparent707 at 1:30 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I gained what you did in your first pregnancy. Drink lots of water. Maybe you're dehydrating and maintaining fluids.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 2:22 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• IDK, i excercise while prego, and do prego yoga, and i usually only gain 4 lbs. which is due to me not drinking alcohol, soda, or coffee! I have 8 lb. babies (this is # 5) I think if you are worried, then drink only water, eat well, and exercise!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 5:54 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I dont have coffee or soda. And by no means would I have any alcohol.
    LovesHerKiddos

Comment by LovesHerKiddos (original poster) at 10:35 PM on Aug. 9, 2010