What does it mean if you see porn web sites being sent to your email?

Doesit mean you view them for them to obviously get your email? Wouldn't you have to sign up for them to send you web sites of porn?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:08 PM on Aug. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• it just means that when u sign up for stuff people spam you i have never signed up for a porn site and i get them all the time and i dont share an email with dh either
    mommam58122

Answer by mommam58122 at 1:10 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• It means someone in your family is visiting porn sites - your email address can be visible to those types of sites and they latch onto it.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 1:10 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Some will say it's just junk mail. I have to disagree. Hubby & I have a joint Hotmail and Yahoo account. We NEVER get porn junkmail. Ever. I firmly believe you need to sign up for porn sites to get porn email.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 1:11 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Nope, doesn't mean that at all. It's like mommam says, you sign up for something on one website and they sell your address all over. And if you have a hotmail account, I notice it gets really bad. I quit using them.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 1:11 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• No. Actually I go to porn sites all the time and have never gotten them so they have to be getting your email address another way
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:11 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Email lists get sold all the time. My family has never bought Viagra, but I get at least 3 emails a day for it!
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 1:11 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• it's called spam
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 1:11 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Nope. That's called spam.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 1:12 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• It means you logged onto a site, or signed up for something (that does NOT have to be porn or anything near porn) and you're getting spammed. It does happen and does not mean anyone who is using your computer is looking at porn.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 1:12 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Actually, I know it is just junk mail.I signed up for one website(NOT porn) once and they sent my e-mail to like 20 different sites. I eventually had to close my e-mail because of the crap I got. Everything from Porn sites to dating sites sending me crap, and addressing me by name. And once you are on that list it is immpossible to get them to stop. This was before I met DH, BTW.
    RheaF

Answer by RheaF at 1:13 PM on Aug. 9, 2010