Muslim Journalist's opinion of Ground Zero Mosque. What do you think?

The fact we Muslims know the idea behind the Ground Zero mosque is meant to be a deliberate provocation to thumb our noses at the infidel. The proposal has been made in bad faith and in Islamic parlance, such an act is referred to as “Fitna,” meaning “mischief-making” that is clearly forbidden in the Koran.
The Koran commands Muslims to, “Be considerate when you debate with the People of the Book” — i.e., Jews and Christians. Building an exclusive place of worship for Muslims at the place where Muslims killed thousands of New Yorkers is not being considerate or sensitive, it is undoubtedly an act of “fitna[.]“
http://www.ottawacitizen.com/news/Mischief+Manhattan/3370303/story.html

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:18 PM on Aug. 9, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Just because people are against the idea of a mosque at Ground Zero does not make them Islamophobes, bigots or against freedom of religion. There are other Muslims who are against this mosque as well. I just read another article today..here's the url:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/08/06/AR2010080603006.html

Some people simply feel that the site should be kept religion-neutral in order to show respect for all of the victims. It may not have been "muslims" who committted the act, but they were individuals heavily manipulated by extreme religious ideology and that deserves at least some attention when considering how many lives were lost because of it.
    I feel that sometimes in our desire to be politically correct, we forget to open our eyes and take a look at what really might be going on. I'm not advocating discrimination...I just think we should be paying attention. That's all I'm saying.
    moniquinha

Answer by moniquinha at 3:10 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I think many moderate muslims have more sense than many pc americans.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 1:32 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• it's not at ground zero, and since when has opinion trumped freedom of religion?
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 1:41 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I agree with "UpSheRises" this is sad of the misunderstanding many have on this issue.We were formed as a pluralistic society and this means we welcome all religions. Islam did not attack the World Trade Center on September 11, 2001, sick and twisted men did, who not only hijacked four airplanes but also hijacked a religion. Let us not stereotype the over one billion Muslims around the world because of the evil acts of a few. A decision like this one, to support or not support the construction of this center, defines who we are as a nation. It's at the essence of our values, our freedom of expression, freedom of religion and religious tolerance.In fact, (IMO) I strongly feel that this center will bridge the divide that many of our nation's citizens have with the Islamic faith.
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 1:40 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• "The Muslims" did not kill anybody in new york. He sounds as stupid as everybody who makes those arguements.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 1:20 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Stacymomof2, I've never heard of a nun using her habit to conceal a bomb, or an Amish man wearing women's clothes to not only hide the fact that he's a man ~ but also to conceal a bomb.

You may defend the moderate Muslims all you like, but deliberately ignoring how the extremists hide behind and within the moderate community is a risk that you don't have a right to shove down anyone else's throat.. No one else is obligated to not pay attention or ignore that risk. Whether or not you like it, it IS a risk.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 5:46 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Wow.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 1:23 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Why is a community center with a room for prayer called a Mosque, but a hospital with a chapel is not considered a Church?
    DEpley

Answer by DEpley at 1:44 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Hey did you hear they want to built a Mosque in So. California? Why are they building around the U.S. ?

One way to take over is to move in slowly?

I live now in Colorado and for the first time I saw Muslims with their women in full getup, could not see the womens faces. It felt creepy to see that in the U.S.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 1:26 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• You are a dork UpSheRises!!!

never say they where going to blow up anything or will!
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 1:45 PM on Aug. 9, 2010