Is I possable to get pregnant after a miscarage?

I had 3 miscarages and I have no kids. For a while I was led to beleve thati couldn't have any children mostly cuz of my mom sayen that and also my husband. But that's besides the point right after haveing a miscarage at your next cycle can you get pregnant and still have the baby survive?

jmcwilly

Asked by jmcwilly at 1:37 PM on Aug. 9, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Yes. I did. I was 13 weeks and lost my baby. It was my 2nd m/c and I was a WRECK! Swore I was DONE. Got on b/c but got preg the next cycle before it took I guess! LOL. I have a HEALTHY happy 2 yr old boy! :)

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 1:39 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• It's possible. My friend had eight before she became pregnant with her first child. Two before she had her second child.

elly25

Answer by elly25 at 1:40 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• First of all you really should be taking advice from your doctor. Your doctor can advise you best on whether or not you will be able to carry a baby to term. Secondly, I understand that following a miscarriage, your uterus needs time to heal, and I believe it is recommended that you not try to get pregnant for at least 3 months. Of course, you CAN get pregnant, but if the walls of your uterus are weak from the miscarriage it may result in another miscarriage.

While your mother and husband I'm sure, mean well, you really should seek and follow the advice of your OB/Gyn! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 1:42 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• It's happened a thousand times, good luck that it will happen for you too!
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 1:43 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• yes but if you keep losing the babies then you need to see why? For some they are not sure but for others there is a reason. I had one M/C and now have 3 healthy kids.
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 1:43 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• After 3 miscarriages in a row is when they (the docs) usually start doing testing. What kind of insurance do you have? Would it cover going to a fertility specialist? That's who you should really be talking to. If not, even just making an appt with your OB would help because they can still order some tests. I have a lists of the tests done at the OB if you need it. Unless you already know the source/what type of miscarriages you are having.

That being said I will tell my experience. I had one miscarriage due to a blighted ovum at 10 weeks in Jan of '09, I got pregnant the next cycle. Everything was going fine and the baby was developing normally, well at 11 weeks I started bleeding from a Sub-chorionic hemmorage, and we lost him at 12 weeks. I really feel it was because my uterus wasn't ready to sustain another full pregnancy. We waited 6 months to try again, it took 2 cycles and now I'm 22 weeks pregnant, problem free!
    SweetiePeasMama

Answer by SweetiePeasMama at 1:52 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Yes, it's possible.
    michelle121003

Answer by michelle121003 at 3:12 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• My SIL had a miscarriage, then had a baby (who is now 3.5), married my brother, had a late miscarriage (approx. 17 weeks), had an early miscarriage (6 weeks), and is now pregnant again and doing well (in her 2nd trimester).
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 4:12 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Yes. also I would seek out a high risk OB/Gyn
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:47 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• yes
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 11:29 PM on Aug. 9, 2010