Do you think there is a difference

Do you think there is a difference in powdered laundry soap compared to liquid laundry soap? and expensive laundry soap compared to cheap laundry soap?
If yes, what is your opinion?

1lilgirl

Asked by 1lilgirl at 1:47 PM on Aug. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

• The only difference I have ever seen is that if you don't give some powder detergents time to dissolve before you put your clothes in, they can cause spots... But beyond that, I've never seen any real difference. I use liquid, but I use Sun or Fab, they don't get much cheaper than that... I have never seen a reason for the expensive stuff, it doesn't clean any better!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:49 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• The cheap stuff makes me itch. Could totally be psychosomatic, but I am ok with that. :)
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 1:57 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• There is a huge difference between cheap and more expensive laundry detergent. I don't think the cheaper ones work as well, nor leave your clothes as fresh. I always use Tide liquid and Downy softener. My ex worked for a chemist, he said that the liquid soaps have more active chemicals than the powders. I don't know how true that is, but I prefer liquid because I've had problems with the powder not dissolving.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 2:33 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I noticed that the powder doesn't rinse completely out of my black pants. I never buy it anymore. I love Tide with Downy. My clothes smell great and everything is really clean. The cheap stuff doesn't work as well. Some inexpensive det. is OK. I like Purex and Arm & Hammer, but I love Tide.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:39 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• powdered soap can build up in your washer, where as liquid doesnt.
    hotrodmomma

Answer by hotrodmomma at 1:49 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I've had powder detergents cake up between my clothes & leave a residue, so I always use liquid. No specific brand, just not a super cheap, generic one.
    ghostwriter777

Answer by ghostwriter777 at 2:16 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I am seriously allergic to the cheap stuff (really not psychosomatic), I found out when I moved in with my BF and starting using his cheap a** detergent. I started to get major rashes. I went to a skin specialist because I never had that before. The dr. asked me if I recently switched laundry detergent (really, no kidding)! So I went and bought my tried and true Woolite and make sure all my clothes, towels and bedding are washed in my detergent. I wash BF's clothes in his cheap stuff (doesn't matter to him).
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 2:17 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I have a front load washer, and powdered soap just doesn't work right in it. The soap tray is not large enough to hold enough powdered soap for a whole load and it does not go down right. I buy high end because I care about it being a 'green' product. I don't think there is much difference between high and low priced soaps as far as how well they get the dirt out.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 3:07 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• the only difference i ever seen in washing powders and liguid washing detegrent is if you don't let the powder dissolve good, it can leave spots on your clothes and liquid doesn't. i use Ultra Purex.
    shorty13417

Answer by shorty13417 at 3:21 PM on Aug. 9, 2010