had my 1st csection

and they said i will need to go and get a check up in 4 weeks to do the after birth check up why do they need to check my vag when i didnt even give birth through there?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:49 PM on Aug. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• They don't. They will check your incision to make sure there's no infection, feel your uterus to make sure it's back to normal, ask how your doing emotionally, help you plan your birth control choice....
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 1:51 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Actually, your first PP appointment is to check the healing of your c section. My Dr had me come in 2 weeks PP and at 6 weeks PP. My 2 week PP appointment was just to check the incision, make sure there was no infection, etc. My 6 week PP appointment was to check the incision again, do my annual exam (PAP smear, pelvic, etc), talk about/get birth control options, talk about things at home (ie postpartum depression).
    boizmom

Answer by boizmom at 1:54 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Nope just to check where u had a csection..
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 1:56 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• They'll just look at the incision.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:27 PM on Aug. 9, 2010