Is it okay for preteens to use acutane for zits?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:51 PM on Aug. 9, 2010 in Kids' Health

• there is a huge lawsuit with them and causing issues with bowls, I would research them first
    Quintensmom

Answer by Quintensmom at 1:53 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• There are some pretty significant side effects possible with this drug. I would want to thoroughly research it before even considering it.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 2:03 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Accutane is not for zits. It is for serious acne. There is a big difference in the two. Most preteens need to wash their face with soap and water morning and night, applying a non greasy light moisterizer afterwards. It is amazing how quickly breakouts stop. Acne on the other hand will breakout regardles of what you do. It can also cause severe scarring. If face washing regularly doesn't clear things up, talk to your Dr.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 2:06 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• No!! It is highly dangerous!!!!

Here is how my teen handles her acne: wash your face twice a day with a very mild soap (like unscented baby soap) and a soft wash cloth; follow with a light, oil free moisturizer (like Just Tomatoes or Lush). Once a day, before you wash your face, put on a honey mask (just honey, a great anti-bacterial). Every three days add a pinch of baking soda to the honey to exfoliate. Check back with me in two weeks and tell me how this worked.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:50 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Do your research, but as an adult, I would not use that stuff. So there would be no way I would let my teenager use it (When Victoria gets teenage age)
    victoriamom2007

Answer by victoriamom2007 at 12:32 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• That stuff is truly awful! I would not let them use it at all!
    Mipsy

Answer by Mipsy at 10:59 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Its Dangerous!!
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 10:39 AM on Sep. 17, 2010