someone hit my dog with there car (right infront of the house) and never even stopped to tell me. how can people be so mean as to hit someones pet and not even stop to tell you. my dog is ok but he lost his right eye and he had a dislocated shoulder. it cost me an arm and a leg but i would do anything to save my pets.

some people are just mean!!!

superbutteryfly

Asked by superbutteryfly at 8:14 PM on Jun. 29, 2008 in Pets

• I believe it should be a crime like hit and run. I understand accidents happen but own up to it. What if them stopping was the difference between life and death for your dog. I don't know how people sleep at night!
    sondrajoy

Answer by sondrajoy at 1:19 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• Being a dog owner myself, I feel your pain.

Maybe, when the person hit the dog, they were afraid to stop but then again, it would'nt have hurt to stop to make sure the dog was ok.

There are people out here in the world who could careless about a another human being let alone a pet.

Some people are just cruel!
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 9:18 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• some people are assholes. i had that same thing happen when i was a kid and my puppy died. some people's mama's just dont' raise them right.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 12:18 AM on Jun. 30, 2008

• I'm so sorry to here that. Some people are just stupid. I'm glad to here your dog is okay.  He'll be able to live just fine with one eye. If you ever need someone to vent to about this just message me.  I use to work at a shelter so I have see it all. Good luck to you and your dog.
    T.W.

Answer by T.W. at 12:27 AM on Jun. 30, 2008

• im sorry hun. we had lots of animals killed when we were kids, and no one ever stopped to tell us they hit them. once we were even able to tell that the person swerved to hit our cat, and another time we had someone take our dog out of our yard to kill it (people saw them take her, and they threatened the day before cause our dog killed one of their chickens, and we apologized, and they still did it). at least ur dog is gonna be alright!
    kissmiss213

Answer by kissmiss213 at 2:51 AM on Jun. 30, 2008

• ooooo!!!! i love animals period!, that poor puppy, i hope he is recovering well... i dont know how someone can do that!, i have two cats, if someone hit them i would freak out! they are like my children. hehehe someone want to tell me how to get my fiance to let me have a baby puppy for my baby coming :P.... hehehe he says we have one tooooo many pets as it is... and all i have is two fat kitties, but ooooohhhh i want a puppy :P
    enjen

Answer by enjen at 6:02 AM on Jun. 30, 2008

• I hear ya and I am so sorry. Several years back I watch a SUV plow over a dog that was loose and ran across the stree. Having worked for vet clinics I stopped and checked the dog. He had already died, but I took an old trash bag out of my trunk, bagged the dog and then called the animal clinic on his tag to get a number for the owner. I called the owner, which made me nervous bc I didnt want them to think I hit it, but would want to know if it was my dog and get this....never got a call back. So we disposed of the body and I hung onto the collar and tag just in case I ever got a call from somebody who wanted the tags back.....nothing. How sad, I have 2 dogs and 3 cats, I love animals and it just kills me how heartless some people are
    Anubis8733

Answer by Anubis8733 at 5:05 PM on Jun. 30, 2008