i am nineteen days late for my period with a negative test. i have symptoms of pregnancy....can i still be pregnant?

tinykilah

Asked by tinykilah at 1:53 PM on Aug. 9, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Yes!
    1lilgirl

Answer by 1lilgirl at 1:54 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Yep, there is still a possibility. I would go to the doctor to be sure.
    musicalbabe85

Answer by musicalbabe85 at 1:55 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• yes, but go to te dr get a blood test
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 1:55 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• There is always a chance. Do another test in a few days. Sometimes stressing about it can cause your period to be late though. Stop worrying, if possible, and give it a few days. You can also call your obgyn and see what they think. Are you 100% accurate in keeping track of your periods?
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 1:55 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Yes. You can get a false negative. To be sure you need to go get a blood pregnancy test.
    boizmom

Answer by boizmom at 1:56 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• i am not really stressing about it, i just dont want something to be wrong with me! i am going to get a blood test done. and i track all my periods on a calendar, i have since i was thirteen :)
    tinykilah

Comment by tinykilah (original poster) at 2:00 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• when i was pregnant with my ds, i knew i was prego, so i took a couple home test...all were postitive. so i went to planned parenthood to get prenatal vitamins and have them refer me too a dr. (which is what i did when i was prego w/ my dd) well, their test came back negative so they wouldn't treat me. and i had to wait another month before they would test me again. right after my appointment i bought more home test. all were positive again. plus i knew i was prego, i'd been there before. when i finally got into a dr. it looked like i had swallowed a beachball, and the dr. couldn't believe the way planned parenthood had delt with the situation. so just because 1 test is neg. it doesn't mean you aren't prego. test again.
    nickellmomof2

Answer by nickellmomof2 at 2:04 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Test again. Dollar store tests are the most sensitive. Test first thing in the morning so you have the highest amount of hormones in your urine.
    K8wizzo

Answer by K8wizzo at 2:05 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• This damn question again? lol jk Sure.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 2:06 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Go to the doctor, have them give you a blood test. You may be pregnant, it's always better to be safe.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 2:18 PM on Aug. 9, 2010