Hair loss after pregnancy?

it's been 4.5 months since my ds was born and i've been loosing hair like crazy! i know it's common to have hair loss after pregnancy, but i was wondering if there is anything i can do to get it to stop. it's driving me and my family crazy! My hair is all over the house! lol.

nickellmomof2

Asked by nickellmomof2 at 1:59 PM on Aug. 9, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I brush out sided on the porch. My hair is everywhere. And DD will have handfuls of it tangled up in her little fingers. Brush brush brush... I also try to blame the dogs. But no one is buying that.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 3:15 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• You normally lose 100 hairs per day. During pregnancy, you don't shed. So add how many hairs grew during the pregnancy and that's how much you will lose.

It will seem like you are going bald! It will slow soon.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 2:02 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• don't think there is anything you can do...i would lose hair by the clumps...but at the same time, i had ALOT of hair grow while i was pregnant
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 2:01 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• It may just be your hormone levels - it should slow down soon....
    Mommy_0f_many

Answer by Mommy_0f_many at 2:01 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• i agree with mommy of many...
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 2:01 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• It's very common. I don't know what you can do. Are you taking a daily multivitamin? That might help.
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 2:01 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• You won't be able to stop the hair from falling out, but you can experiment with different hairstyles or products (such as hair thickeners or mousse) to give your hair a fuller look during this transition period.
    Proudparent707

Answer by Proudparent707 at 2:02 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• You can't do nana ;(.. i lost hair like crazy too, i freaked out though and went to the doc and i thought he was gonna start rollin from laughing at me... lol It's becuase of the hormones going on still.
    BobbieJo286

Answer by BobbieJo286 at 2:03 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• i have a ton of hair, and loose handfulls of it almost everytime i run my fingers through it. i don't mind the thinning, i have soo much hair that i appreciate it not being so thick. but the hair is everywhere. my dh says i should shave my head and start over! not! lol
    nickellmomof2

Comment by nickellmomof2 (original poster) at 2:07 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• My hair broke off at the top. I had to get a short haircut. It was over a year before my hair was normal again. But it came back better than ever - and curly! It used to be stick straight, now it's wavy.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:21 PM on Aug. 9, 2010