i have a migrane

i cant see straight and my head is throbbing ive tried tea and tylenol and rest but noothing is working .. idk what to do

iloveyall2008

Asked by iloveyall2008 at 1:28 AM on Oct. 6, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Girl I am with you! I am actually off of work until after the baby is born in Feb because I have debilitating migraines.

If you are not in your first or third trimester you can take ibuprofen, my neurologist said to take 600 to 800mg. The reason you are advised against ibuprofen is because if you take it during your third trimester the hole in the baby's heart may not close but it is perfectly safe during your 2nd trimester.

If you are still unsure about the Ibuprofen then I would go to your ER. They will treat you and ease your pain. If you have never had a migraine like this before then you most definitely need to go to the ER and have someone drive you.

girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 1:40 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• I find that Motrin helps me more. They do make a migraine Tylenol I think. Other than that maybe try a warm washcloth and complete silence and darkness. I hope you feel better, it stinks to have migraines.
    susan220

Answer by susan220 at 4:28 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• you cant take motrrin pregnant
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 6:40 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• I don't know what doctor's you guys are going to but Motrin i.e. Ibuprofen has been proven to cause issues in third trimester; and studies are showing other abnormalities that might possibly be from the use of it; including many defects to the baby. I love ibuprofen (honestly, Tylenol does nothing for me...) but I do not take it while pregnant.
    leoangel

Answer by leoangel at 6:58 AM on Oct. 6, 2008