Why do people feel the need to shove their beliefs down my throat?

I mean I will stand there and just disagree with people when it comes to religion but it's not like I'm gonna stand on the street corner and shove it down your damn throat while you try to shop for shoes. I wish those religious freaks would stay the f outta my face!

GinNTonic

Asked by GinNTonic at 2:15 PM on Aug. 9, 2010 in Religious Debate

• Amen sister! I couldn't agree more!
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 2:16 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• you rock

Truelove77

Answer by Truelove77 at 2:17 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I agree!
    I was shopping at K-mart for some school supplies and a complete stranger came up and started talking about me needing to go to her church. I politely said no thanks and she kept at it. Then she asked my 5 year old what church we went to and looked like she was about to have a heart attack when my kid said "we don't. We play on church days"
    She actually wrote her number and address down, gave it to my daughter, and told me to drop her off and she'd take her to church. Like I would really give my kid to a perfect stranger to have that shit shoved down her throat!
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 2:18 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I have never understood that myself..guess some just feel the need to advertise in an extremely annoying and intrusive manner. So sad!
    Heathercurlz

Answer by Heathercurlz at 2:18 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• A lot of people feel the same way about the issues they disagree with being shoved down their throats & forced on them.
    ghostwriter777

Answer by ghostwriter777 at 2:19 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• What a psycho Kiwi.
    GinNTonic

Comment by GinNTonic (original poster) at 2:20 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I'm right there with you.

I just do not understand.. Wait know that isn't true. Let me rephrase that. I understand, but I do not like, that some religious people do not want to accept that not everyone believes the same as they do, and therefore we do not all live by their same religious ideology, religious rules, religious based moral compass...etc..etc.... Those people, make life so much less pleasant for the rest of us at times. And for some reason choose to make their lives more difficult, I mean, it can't be fun running around constantly bickering or fighting trying to get people to believe and live like you do. I would think that would really suck most of the time.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 2:20 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Amen to that! You sound like you've met my mom's family...
    Kassey713

Answer by Kassey713 at 2:23 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Has happened to me before too... CrAzY .... I have learned to come up with creative responses. It is fun being a witty witch sometimes.... LOL....
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 2:24 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Next time I come across one of thsoe people i'm just gonna tell them I already sold my soul to the devil.
    GinNTonic

Comment by GinNTonic (original poster) at 2:28 PM on Aug. 9, 2010