my daughter has a visible rash...

but it doesn't seem to bother her at all. of course nothing bothers her, she hasn't cried since the moment she was born and took her first breath. anyway i have rash cream but that stuff is supposed to sooth rashes and this rash doesn't bother her at all, she's completely happy and could care less. should i still put the cream on the rash or just leave it? she's 2 weeks old btw

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:26 PM on Aug. 9, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would. I use A & D ointment for everything.
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 2:28 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• luke warm bath with baking soda works wonders!!!!!!!
    hotrodmomma

Answer by hotrodmomma at 2:30 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I wouldn't use cortisone if it doesn't itch, but I would try A&D. Don't jinx it! She may still be a crier yet. Good luck!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:30 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• If it was me,I would keep putting the cream on it.That might be the reason it's not bothering her.My kids are adults now,but I do have grandkids.&I 've always made sure I have a can of Bag Balm.It's been around for years.& it helps those hard-to-get rid of rashes.GL!
    bvannkissy

Answer by bvannkissy at 2:32 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• i haven't put cream on it yet cause idk if i should. it's the rash itself thats not bothering her
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:34 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• are you breastfeeding? if so, you can put a little breast milk on the rash. if not, the rash itself could be a reaction to the formula. it could be heat rash too! i would not put anything other than breast milk on it. i would avoid soap and lotion too. just rinse with warm water.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 3:11 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• At 2 weeks old, I wouldn't put anything on her skin except A&D or diaper rash cream. Some creams have ingredients for adult-strength problems, and a baby that young may have a reaction to something like that. I would leave it, unless it gets worse, changes what it looks like, or your baby gets a fever or starts having another symptom. Also, call the dr. and ask. They usually don't mind taking a look for a new mom, and you'll at least have a 1 month check up soon anyway
    musichollie

Answer by musichollie at 3:30 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• even though it isnt bothering her, a rash is a rash. What I do if my son has a rash, is I give him a nice warm oatmeal bath. Fill a small sock with old fashioned oats, tie it and crush it up, and let it soak in the warm water. the oatmeal helps soothe the skin. After the bath once he's dry I apply cream.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 3:52 PM on Aug. 9, 2010