question about vinegar for cleaning...

I know vinegar is a healthy alternative for a cleaning agent, I made me some cleaner and it does a great job. But does it effectively kill germs?

Owl_Feather

Asked by Owl_Feather at 2:39 PM on Aug. 9, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I put vinegar in a spray bottle and use it for everything. I think it kills germs.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:40 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Yes, it is acidic, germs are not fond of that. LOL
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:41 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• They say it does, but not as effectively. I just HATE the smell!!!
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 2:41 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• yes it kills the germs
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 2:41 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• yes, there are enzymes in vinegar that kill bacteria...but to ease your mind google this"vinegar tips and uses for cleaning" there are so many great sites. I have slowly started getting rid of many harsh cleaners and love vinegar. Plus it has alot of uses for your health and for cooking. :)
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 2:42 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• It is a great germ killer when mixed at the right strength.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 2:42 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Yes, vinegar kills bacteria, mold and germs, you can google it to see all it does. I actually like the smell! The smell of artificial toxic cleaners makes me sick now. Been using diluted vinegar to clean for over 3 years now. Would never go back to anything else.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 2:44 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• yup
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 2:46 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Yes vinegar will kill germs...but if you don't feel like it is killing them, you can always spray a little peroxide on the area that you cleaned, that will def kill the germs.
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 2:46 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Run some vinegar and water through your coffeemaker about twice a year (if you are a coffee drinker), is good for that equipment.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 2:48 PM on Aug. 9, 2010