Budget this for me please.

income 520 (1,3 weeks of the month) 290 (2,4 weeks of the month)

Food 50 weekly
sitter for work 40-60 weekly
gas for car 60 weekly
Natural Gas 65
Elect 120
Water 40
Car ins. 88
Kids health ins 10
Att 120
netflix 9.99
title loan 90 (5 payments left)
Mortgage (what we can but aiming for 600) 1130
pet food 30 every 3-4 months
credit card 16
owe my boss 180 (3 months to pay)

We have WIC and a food bank near by

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:48 PM on Aug. 9, 2010 in Money & Work

• There are two things you can do- doing both simultaneously might get you through:

Prioritize your budget. If you can't pay for it all decide what you can pay for and what you can't afford. So things like food, mortgage, insurance, utilities, and fuel come first. Unsecured debt and luxuries are last. When you or your husband gets paid just go as far down the list with that money as you can. When the money is gone, it's gone.

You can also find ways to make more money. Having one massive garage sale could get you enough to make it through a month. If you and your husband can, try selling plasma. Here you can bring in $55 a week per person. So between you and your husband that could really help a lot.

Put an ad up online- offer to clean homes, watch kids, mow a lawn etc. If your husband or you is a handyman, you can put an ad up for that too.

I'm sorry you are going through this. I hope things get better soon! :)
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 8:22 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• After your mortgage, you guys only have $490 left for the month for all your bills, expenses. You need to be bringing in $2438.99 per month to cover bills right now, so with your current income, you guys are $800+ short each month. No matter which way you slice it, you can't "create" money, there's not much you guys can cut out of your budget -- you need to increase income. You could cut out AT&T, and get a pre-paid cell phone, and only use for emergencies.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 2:56 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I am assuming your Mortgage every month is 1130, not 600 (after all, if you are short on payments, doesn't your house go into foreclosure?)
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 2:57 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Not sure what you're asking us to do? By my conservative calculations you are MINUS $800 each month!! Even when you do pay off your title loan and your boss, you'll still be about MINUS $650!! I'm not sure I understand your mortgage payment...are you currently paying $1130 but trying to get it down to $600...if so, how?! AND is this income BOTH you and your husband or just for you?

Have you looked into actually QUITTING your job, or going part time?! Seriously...do you take home MORE than $750 per month? Because that is where you are spending the bulk of your money--getting to and from and for a sitter. Sometimes working costs more than not!!

The other areas you could try and cut are your auto insurance--look into only having collision only policy (minimum required by law), your cell phone (at least getting a less expensive plan for emergency use only), and getting rid of your pet(s). Those last two are extras!!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 3:02 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• You are short only 500.00 -----

not including the 5 title payments.

Time to trade in the car, or get more working hours. Can you just deliver pizza or something. anything. it's only 500 short.
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 3:13 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Commute seems long. A LOT of gas ---

Is a ride - share a possibility ?
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 3:15 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• From what I got you are about 28.99 in the hole most months. Maybe you can cut back on the Netflix and ATT. The best would be to get your rent lower. That seems like a lot a month to me for rent. And once you pay your boss back you should be OK.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 2:55 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• If I'm understanding your post correctly, you make $1620 a month but your monthly expenses total $2314 a month.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 2:58 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• lol. our house is under modification... We are technically in foreclosure. We made good money enough and then some 2 years ago whe we bought it. Stupid Gap inc. for cutting back. Dh got a new job at half his pay. I increased my hours at that point but still not full time. Dh is changing jobs this month so hopefully more income. I am looking for a 3rd shift job to work while he is home with the kids on top of my regular job.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:02 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Have u though of applying for TANF or Food Stamps? it might help a little, i also think $60 per week for gas is ridiculous, not sure how much is where u live or maybe u have alot of driving to-from work but maybe u could buy a bus pass instead? or walk? we usually only spend 40-50 per MONTH on gas, we only have 1 vehicle though and don't drive far or that much if we can help it. u could also cut out netflix for a few months until your conditions get better? and paying your boss back all at once or paying off your title loan as soon as possible would help too... i'm sorry i know how hard budgeting can be :(
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 3:02 PM on Aug. 9, 2010