Has Anyone's S/O in The Military Ever

come across an athiest during their tour? I asked my husband today, who was 4 yrs in the Marines and he said he had not. I was wondering if anyone else's S/O had? Just curious !!

MyAngel003

Asked by MyAngel003 at 2:50 PM on Aug. 9, 2010 in Religious Debate

• They don't call out to anyone. They may let few a couple of curse words like "Oh F*&^" but they don't pray. Haven't you ever heard of Jeremy Hall? Military atheist in several do or die situations that ended up being harassed by his peers and superiors because he would not pray to God or "thank god for keeping him safe".
    Chances are your husband has actually met several atheists while serving, he just didn't know they were atheists as they stuck to doing their job.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 3:40 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I've come across plenty during my time in the military because I processed records. I even had "no religious preference" on my dog tags and in my service record and CHCS. Talking about religion in the workplace was and is a still big no no.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 3:13 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I served and I am an atheist. My husband also served and is an atheist. Many of my friends who are still serving are atheists. There's a lot of us. We just don't talk about it while on duty because well, there's more important stuff to worry about.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 3:32 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• My dh is atheist was in the military. He calls out to no one. He says simple I will kill you bitch. Fuck this shit sucks. And holy mother fucking priest batman. Those are the things he says in bad situations.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 3:46 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Yes my dh did. Why? What does religion have to do with military?
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 3:02 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• My father was an atheist in the British army.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 3:20 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• It was a curious question, but since you asked, I wondered who they call out to if and when they are ever in a do or die situation. I'm not bashing them to each his own, but I've always wondered. I never usually talk politics are religion just because it usually ends up in a heated debate, or someone is offended. It's a good place to ask abt in ref to the military IMO just bec of WAR.
    MyAngel003

Comment by MyAngel003 (original poster) at 3:33 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Well as I've read these post I have a better understand than people just critizing "o
    MyAngel003

Comment by MyAngel003 (original poster) at 3:43 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• ooppps critizing athiest for not believing in GOD. THANKS
    MyAngel003

Comment by MyAngel003 (original poster) at 3:45 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• OOOPS athiests for not believing in GOD. Thanks.
    MyAngel003

Comment by MyAngel003 (original poster) at 3:46 PM on Aug. 9, 2010