could have , having a merina iud in for a lil over 2 years b the reason i cant get pregnant?

i had my merina iud taken out in dec of 09 and dh and i have been ttc ever since w. no luck. we have 2 kids already and i got preggo w/ them w/ no prob. i even got pregnant w/ my 5 year old son while i was on birth control pills when i was 19. anyway i was wondering if any1 could give me any insight or if any else has had trouble getting preg. after having a merina iud in. thank u.

mamasmurf171

Asked by mamasmurf171 at 3:02 PM on Aug. 9, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I don't have an answer for you, but did it hurt getting Mirena or the removal? How did you like having it, any side effects?
    queen.bee

Answer by queen.bee at 3:03 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• the only time it hurt was when i had it removed, because it got suck, yes it sucked. neway i loved having it while i was on it i only had like 2 months worth of periods right after i got it so i went 2 years w/o a period.
    mamasmurf171

Comment by mamasmurf171 (original poster) at 3:07 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• thanks! I'm thinking about getting it, if I can get over the having strings dangling down.
    queen.bee

Answer by queen.bee at 3:12 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• u dont feel them at all u dont even know that they r there.
    mamasmurf171

Comment by mamasmurf171 (original poster) at 3:13 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• yes certain birth control methods have a side effect and one of those is you cant get pegnant rightaway it also depends on your body. like the depo shot it can take up to 2 years to be able to get pegnant etc.
    mommyof2chasmin

Answer by mommyof2chasmin at 3:17 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• ur so shouln't feel the strings either...they are only there so the doc can take it out........and mine hurt but thats because my string went back inside my me......and my doc wanted to do surgery to get it out.......the insurance wouldn't cover it....so it took THREE doctors vists and an ultrasound being done during removal to take it out.....
    melissabilliot

Answer by melissabilliot at 3:19 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• especially ifyou've been on the birth control for a long time hope this helps . also what youcan do is go back to your o.b. and tel him/her you want to get pregnant alot of times they can give you some pills to take that will help regulate your period and help you get pregnant. i did this with this pregnancy . she gave me some pills and told me it might still take a while but not too long and like 2-3 mos later im pregnant with my 3rd
    mommyof2chasmin

Answer by mommyof2chasmin at 3:20 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I've heard a lot about it taking some people 12-18ish (don't remember the exact number, but it's kind of long) for the cycle to get back to normal and actually conceive after an IUD is removed. So be VERY patient.
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 3:22 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• thank u mommyof2chasmin that gives me hope. and congrats
    mamasmurf171

Comment by mamasmurf171 (original poster) at 3:23 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• idk...i was on mirena for almost two years and we're having trouble getting pregnant too...and like you, we got pregnant with the snap of a finger with our first dd...but my doc told me when i had it taken out that i could get pregnant that day...so who knows..
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 3:23 PM on Aug. 9, 2010