Candle Making any advice

I just got a ton of wax and and some votive molds at a garage sale. does anyone have any advice on making candles. what has worked for you? any help I have been scared to try it I am afraid lol lame I know. Thank you

MamaAlderman_2

Asked by MamaAlderman_2 at 2:00 AM on Oct. 6, 2008 in Hobbies & Crafts

• tip 1: if it doesn't pull out of the mold easily, freeze it for about an hour then try again. freezing will shrink it just enough to loosen it.

tip 2: use scent sparingly! the oils are more potent while it's burning so too much and you'll be over powered once it's lit.

tip 3: Soy wax sucks! LOL just my opinion :)

tip 4: after you pour it and it's set, you may notice that it's sunken in at the top of the mold (bottom of the candle) pour some more melted wax to fill it. let that set before unmolding.

tip 5: this goes for all candles, handmade or not. Burn for 1 hour max. extinguish. let was harden. relite. This will keep the candle's shape.

tip 6: HAVE FUN WITH IT!!! :) even if you don't like the result of one, just put it away for a gift for someone else :)

tip 7: only use a double boiler to melt the wax, or the specialized wax melting pots you can buy at craft stores.
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 2:04 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• Great tips!!!...also, a inexpensive way to color your wax is to melt a crayon with your wax; otherwise you can purchase colored wax chips to color your wax.
    restlessspirit

Answer by restlessspirit at 2:12 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• Thank you ladies these were awsome tips
    MamaAlderman_2

Answer by MamaAlderman_2 at 9:07 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• so the wax dont stick to your mold spray your mold with cooking spray it works every time
    nanawanda

Answer by nanawanda at 4:01 PM on Oct. 13, 2008