i need help with my 4 month old dd

Its hard enought to get her to sleep as it is because she fights her sleep... but now she won't even lay still she's all over the place she rolls over but isn't perfect at it so she don't always gets her head up fast enough.... what can I do to get her to sleep

AngelGrace0510

Asked by AngelGrace0510 at 3:28 PM on Aug. 9, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You can swaddle her.
    See if she'll sleep in her swing.
    You can try singing her to sleep or putting music by her bead to sing her to sleep.

Make sure she's full before you put her down. Make sure she's warm, but not hot. And comfortable.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 3:41 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• i am going through the same thing!!! mine is four months old too!!! FRUSTRATING!
    rileymommy

Answer by rileymommy at 3:48 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• my daughter is the same way and she still fight her sleep at 10 months..what i do for her to sleep is swaddle her and rock but i make sure her face touches my chest because she seem to fall asleep when she feels the warmth of my body and like nurses will tell u skin contact for babies are very comforting.. and when rocking gets to tired i would lay with her and pat her bottom till she sleeps.. hope this helps
    ProudMami1990

Answer by ProudMami1990 at 3:54 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Rocking her to sleep can help her relax. Or giving her a pacifier. Once you put her down pat her back so she knows you are there and she relaxes. My daughter fights her sleep to but rocking her is what helps her sleep, then laying my hand on her back after I put her down for a second helps her stay asleep.
    JacobsMommy05

Answer by JacobsMommy05 at 4:17 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• my son was always too hot and hated being swadled, he hates a paci too. try putting her to sleep in a swing. if all else fails a ride in the car should do it.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 4:31 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• When my DD was little, we could walk her, swing her, etc for HOURS if we wanted and no help... but step outside where she could look at the trees, etc for 5 min and she'd quiet right down.

Don't know if it'd really be relevant (really only suggesting it because of OUR experience)...but does she have any symptoms of reflux? Is it possible that laying her down is causing pain/discomfort?
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 5:01 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Start with baby cereal, then a warm bath with the lavender baby shampoo and lotion, bottle then rock her to sleep!!! LOVE the lavender lotion...makes baby calmer and smell amazing!!!
    melissaaytes

Answer by melissaaytes at 12:46 AM on Aug. 10, 2010