How many of you don't/won't pump gas?????

The reason that I am askibng is because we were at Chuck E Cheese the other night when my MIL asked my BIL to go get some gas. Then one of our friends husbands said that he doesn't let his wife pump gas and he doesn't think a woman should have to. I thought that was crazy! Why can't women pump gas? I don't mind pumping and wouldn't want my husband to think I shouldn't! Am I the only one that thinks this is crazy?????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:29 PM on Aug. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I pump and pass gas! :o)
    Mommy_0f_many

Answer by Mommy_0f_many at 3:30 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• My husband always fills up my car when I'm low simply so I don't have to. I know how, obviously, but I can't even remember the last time I pumped gas!

Answer by missanc at 3:31 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• That is crazy, this man is stuck in a different century! someone please unstuck him!!! I do, and I wouldn't have it any other way!

Answer by older at 3:31 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I don't pump gas.. But.. I don't own a car, haven't in over 20 years.. LOL

Even if I wanted to.. I couldn't though. It's illegal to pump your own gas where I live.

As far as women in general. nope there's no reason why a woman is incapable of pumping her own gas.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 3:32 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I never pump my own gas. My DH always does. It's not that he thinks women can't. I just never really wanted to.
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 3:33 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Well, I don't - because I don't own a car anymore! But I used to, when I needed to. My husband often did it to be kind, so that I wouldn't have to.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 3:33 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• i rarely put gas in the car. i usually have kids in the car with me, and i saw video of a car catching on fire while being filled up, and the image just haunts me. i would rather no kids be in the car while it is being gassed up, so dh usually fills it up after dinner, or on the week end.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 3:33 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I agree, that is crazy. If we're together then my husband will usually be the one to pump gas, but he doesn't make sure the tank is filled before I drive around.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 3:33 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• LOL i don't pump gas either i would probably get off and wouldnt know what to do . lol usually my DH is always the on ethat puts gas in our car
    mommyof2chasmin

Answer by mommyof2chasmin at 3:33 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• i dont care if women or men pump gas everyones different
    mommyof2chasmin

Answer by mommyof2chasmin at 3:34 PM on Aug. 9, 2010