my csection 2 week appt

i just called to schedule it and she asked if i had them taken out (my stitches)im not suppose to get them taken out the doc said they dissolved what the heck is she talking about...she asked the 1st time if i had my staples taken out i said no i got stitches then that's when she asked if i had my stitches taken out you don't get them taken out?

photogrypher

Asked by photogrypher at 3:35 PM on Aug. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• she may not have been aware he used dissolvable stitches
    carmadsmom

Answer by carmadsmom at 3:44 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• when i had my first c-section after acouple of weeks of healing i had mines taken out..i think i would have liked the dissolving ones because when they took it took it was very uncomfortable
    ProudMami1990

Answer by ProudMami1990 at 3:48 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Some doctors use staples, some use stitches, and some use the dissolvable stitches. She might just not have know which was used.
    montanagal2005

Answer by montanagal2005 at 3:55 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Some have staples, removable stitches, and dissolvables. It depends on the doc and incision and hospital. She prob didnt know what you had and was just making sure cause if you had removables, they did need to be taken out. lol. No biggie, just ignore it. I wish i had dissolvable stitches..lol..I had 25 staples, and those suckers hurt!
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 4:08 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Did you ask her if she was reading the correct file? And if you had dissovables, you shouldnt need to make an appointment to have them checked on, just on you and how you are recovering.
    browningmom

Answer by browningmom at 6:52 PM on Aug. 9, 2010