Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

helpful links for a slow processor (person)

I've been laid off since November. Just started a job a month ago. The problem, I'm not improving because I cannot complete work under the assigned time. Already I have had the boss observe me a week ago. Today, I could not get near what was expected within time. Matter of fact, I was still not finished of the first batch when my boss reminded that others were already done with their second. These people have been in less training that I have been. My boss told me to go home. My morale is crumbling and my anxiety is skyrocketing. I have taken plenty of deep breaths, and they have not helped. I am currently looking for another job.

What are some helpful links to help with slow mental processing that are not blogs?
Hugs are great, but I really need direction.

~Thanks in advance

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 3:40 PM on Aug. 9, 2010 in Money & Work

Answers (4)
  • If you have a learning disability or something of the sort, something that can be diagnosed, you can request reasonable accommodations. Have you tried checking with your local job or vocational rehab center? They have resources there that can help. If you tell me your location (city, state) I can do some research for you on places that might be helpful in your area.

    Answer by MommaofH2 at 3:47 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

  • Everyone is not suited for every job. If your performance is not up to standards, perhaps you're just at the wrong place. Maybe you're just in the wrong job and would be much better at something else. I'm glad you're looking, good luck!

    Answer by aliceinalgonac at 3:50 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

  • I am working a home business and can go at my own pace. Basically I just share info with people as the service sells itself. It is also a team effort so we all help each other. No pressure or inventory. Take a look and if I can help, let me know! You may have to cut & paste the address.

    Answer by Gene_Godwin at 6:29 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

  • Depending on the size of the company, your diagnosis may qualify you for special accomodations (the adult equivalent of an IEP).

    Answer by rkoloms at 7:09 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.