Im having wedding in 2 months but, dnt have much money, any ideas?

im havin a wedding oct. 1st. but i dnt have much money. im not planning on a huge wedding, jus close friends n family, but im afraid i wont even have enough money 4 that.

Mrs.Ferri

Asked by Mrs.Ferri at 3:41 PM on Aug. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• Keep it simple. Fall colors will provide a beautiful backdrop, have friends take a lot of photographs, buy a simple dress (I made mine!) and a beautiful boquet. Serve only hors d'ourves or only desserts, depending on the time of day - you'll be able to save a lot on food that way.

It's not about the wedding, it's about the marriage.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 3:45 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Get your friends to contribute their skills as their gifts. If you know someone who is a good baker, have them make the cake; musicians or just someone who has a killer music collection to provide tunes; a friend with a particularly lovely fall garden to provide flowers; etc. Have the wedding at the same site as the reception, or have the wedding outdoors somewhere there is no charge so you don't have to pay for two venues. Ask friends to bring a potluck dish along with the recipe on a recipe card for the reception. Get a nice dress you'll wear again instead of shelling out big bucks for a traditional wedding gown. A wedding doesn't have to be expensive.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 3:47 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• are you having a church wedding?
    have you booked a reception site?
    what kind of help are you looking for? food, clothes, favors, invitations?
    check out martha stewart and michaels for do it yourself ideas.
    my wedding dress was under $100, it was a prom dress from jcpenney. it was beautiful, and i will wear it again if we renew our vows too!
    congratulations on the wedding!
    since it will be for family and close friends, you know they are there to celebrate you and your so, and not judge you.
    think now of what will be most important to you when you are looking back on this day. for some it would be the dress, the photos or the party after...any how, decide what is most important to you and focus much of your money on that. set a budget and stick to it too!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 3:50 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Don't feel like you have to provide a full meal. When I was a kid it seemed like most weddings just had punch, cake, nuts, and candy. Have your wedding at a time of day that won't interfere with mealtime, so they can have their meal before or after. Design and print of your own invitations.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 3:50 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Go to the Justice of the Peace. He won't charge very much at all.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 3:52 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• depending on the weather you could do an outdoor reception at a local park. My husband and I did that and the rental was only $45. We then did hamburgers on the grill pasta salad etc. We did all the cooking ourselves to save money with a catering service. We watched for things to go on sale before that would last until wedding day i.e. soda, mustard, etc. Then we had a friend make cupcakes and a small cake that we cut. We didn't do too much as far as decorations are concerned. We had some ballons from the local party store in the colors of my wedding. If you know someone who can do flowers, I'd say do fake flowers. They can look beautiful and be cheaper. You don't really need huge bouquets to look great either. If you can't find a church under like $100 you can maybe find a priest that will officiate at the park, or in some states you can officiate yourself and say the words together however you'd like.
    MamaSarah1104

Answer by MamaSarah1104 at 3:58 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I had my wedding at a friends house in the mountains it cost me about 1200. My mother in law is a great baker/cook and helped make all of the food which were limited to finger foods, little sandwiches and deserts.
    My wedding cake was from the local grocery store and was actually really good considering. It was two tear (spelling?) and I can't remember the exact cost I think it was about 125. I got my bouquet from the grocery store as well. All decorations I made myself, did my own hair, got my dress from the mall. It wasn't a "wedding" dress but still very beautiful and served its purpose the dress was only 75 (clearance). Shoes I got from a clearance rack.
    And I did it all in a week lol. I didn't want a wedding and when my husbands mom and my parents found out they through a fit and I told them that they had a week if they wanted a wedding and it all happened. We found great deals on short notice.
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 4:52 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• well im having it outside at a very pretty park, so thats free. n the reception is at the same place. i plan on doin my ownhair, makeup, n etc. thanks for the idea bout serving only desert. Im gettin my aunt to make our cake.
    Mrs.Ferri

Comment by Mrs.Ferri (original poster) at 1:36 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• good luck
    regian19832002

Answer by regian19832002 at 10:55 PM on Aug. 11, 2010