Do those amber teething necklaces really work?

rileymommy

Asked by rileymommy at 3:45 PM on Aug. 9, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• never heard of one of those, heard of a teething ring tho...
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 3:50 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I had never even heard of these until your question popped up....I have no idea how or if they work, but they are kind of cool to look at!
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 3:51 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• http://www.amberartisans.com/frasqu.html

Pretty interesting stuff!
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 3:52 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• it didn't work for my son.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 3:54 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• They look nice but they also look dangerous and I wouldn't put them on my baby.
    maggiebella25

Answer by maggiebella25 at 4:01 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• It sounds like a very interesting theory, but anything and everything baby gets in their hands goes in the mouth. Since it is not safe to chew on amber I wouldn't give this to my child. Think I will stick with regular teethers!
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 4:38 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• They look like they would be a choking hazard and I have no idea how/why amber is supposed to have "anti-teething properties" -- I thought they were just pretty rocks!
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 5:15 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• The amber is not a rock -- it is a hardened tree sap. When worn on the skin the body heat releases the oils which have pain relieving properties. So yes, they do work! Myself & all 3 of my kids wear them. For babies / toddlers get a necklace that is not long enough for them to get into thier mouth and take it off when the sleep or you are not near by.
    Rik-E

Answer by Rik-E at 6:39 PM on Aug. 9, 2010