When I was in my OB rotation in nursing school I delivered two of my nieces and one nephew but I don't want my sisters in the birthing room with me.

Three of my sisters gave birth just when I was in my OB rotation at the hospital I was at. They all gave birth within three weeks of each other. Well they shared the same OBGYN and he actually let me deliver the babies with him guiding me because they were family. Very cool!

Well now that I am pregnant with my first my sisters want to be in the birthing suite with me. Well I am not too keen on that, I only want my fiance and the medical staff in there.

I think it is different because I was essentially working at the hospital when my sisters gave birth. How would you handle it? Should I let them in? Or.... how do I tell them no?

girlneffy

Asked by girlneffy at 2:26 AM on Oct. 6, 2008 in Pregnancy

• To spare there feelings would it be so horrible to tell them they can come and then "accidently" forget to call them when it's time?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:15 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• no, its your decision, just let them know that you only want your fiance in the room with you.its nothing personal just want the first moments to be spent with your new baby and its daddy and mommy
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 2:41 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• If i was them i think I would be kinda mad. But it IS YOUR choice. When it comes down to it you don't really worry too much about who is in there. I didn't think I would want my mom to be in the room with me and when the time came i didn't want her to leave. Maybe don't tell them no yet cause that might make them upset with you and when the time comes you might end up wanting them there. My friend said she wanted to be there for me with this one and i just told her i'd think about it.
    BabyGsMaMa13

Answer by BabyGsMaMa13 at 2:41 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• I like the above anonymous answer. =]

rAbella

Answer by rAbella at 3:52 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• I agree with the forgetting to call answer.
    susan220

Answer by susan220 at 4:22 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• eh, I'd just tell them that your doctor only wants 1 other person in the room besides you for space issues. I've told all my family this exact quote "I don't care who all is at the hospital but the doctors said only 1 person besides me in the room while I'm having my child and that is his daddy. So everyone else will have to be out in the waiting room until afterwards then you can come in and see the baby after you wash up"

Of course I'm having a c-section too so they all know only 1 person in the OR. But you can use the same excuse for your birthing room.
    makaena

Answer by makaena at 8:26 AM on Oct. 6, 2008