What do you like to do that is cheep with your toddler?

I have three girls, ages 13, 7, and 2. I just graduated this May and I am still looking for a job. I was wondering what you like to do with your toddler (and other kids) that is free or very cheep, that is beyond just taking a walk to the park?

MamaSin-dRN

Asked by MamaSin-dRN at 4:11 PM on Aug. 9, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Trip to the zoo? A lot of time it's free or cheap to enter. I took my Dd to the zoo for her Bday.. she was only 12 months and loved it! Can't imagine how she'll be at 24 months! :D
    MomtoElliett

Answer by MomtoElliett at 4:12 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• putt putt golf. They don't even charge me for my 2yr old. $8 gets us 3 rounds of 18 hole mini-golf

We also hit the play area at Chik-fil-a alot
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 4:19 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• My daughter and I have always enjoyed coloring together, playing jump rope, drawing with sidewalk chalk, working in the garden together, baking cookies together, and stringing bead necklaces!
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 4:12 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I take my son to the $1 theatre and they always have special kids movies they show on certain days. Some days the movies are 50 cents. That is a magical place. We just eat before we go so we don't have to spend on snacks. And I bring water bottles and juice in. I asked they didn't even care if we brought drinks in. We also go to our local mall where there is a playplace in the mall, he loves that. Honestly everything we do is pretty cheap because right now we barely make it so most of the time we do fun things at home. Or even rent a $1 movie from redbox, have popcorn and watch it with the family.
    KrystleStarr

Answer by KrystleStarr at 4:22 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• We go to the local nature museum, which is free. We go to McDonald's Playland at least once a week, usually breaskfast with the family on the weekend. But if I am feeling like I must have an ice cream cone, then we go during the week too. We go to the park a lot when weather allows, but it's too hot here right now unless we go at like 7pm.
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 4:33 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• depending on where you live the zoo can be pretty cheap. my son loves it and he is only 10 months.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 4:41 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I take my kids to the mall where they have the indoor play area....lets them get time around other kids since they stay at home most of the time...we also like to try and take them to the play areas at the fast food places once in a while as a special treat to let them have dinner and play
    mylady13135

Answer by mylady13135 at 4:41 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Most movie theatres have $1 movies like every Tues and Wed morning during the summer, although most of them are ending (check with your local theatres). Ours around here are free for the movie, and then there's a $3 special for popcorn and drink. They run a G and a PG movie. We've been most weeks to see one or the other.
    My 20 month old loves to go to the library for their storytime. My older ones go with me and play on the computers while we are there, or look at books.
    We know where all of the county and city parks are - and visit them frequently! Several of them are located at lakes and have paddle boats/canoes for rent for fairly cheap. Pack a picnic and you've got a great day planned.

Answer by missanc at 4:44 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• SWIMMING!!!
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 4:50 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I currently don't have a car because my husband drives it since his truck is broken down. So I'm stuck at the house all day with my almost 2 year old daughter. We stay inside most of the time because it's so hot here! We color, we make things using Play-Doh and we read A LOT. When we do go outside, we play kickball, we blow bubbles, we swing, we play in her sprinkler and we play frisbee.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 1:46 PM on Aug. 10, 2010