im starting 2 hate her

My mom is so rude and such a bitch I think she is crazy. Everytime I say something 2 my son she alway correct me so now he don't listen 2 her and she gets mad. She calls my younger son name talk shit about my hubby and when she want something he is her best friend wat should I do about it

kadmomma

Asked by kadmomma at 4:12 PM on Aug. 9, 2010 in General Parenting

• Spend as little time around her as you possibly can, have a talk with her about her disrespecting you and your family and explain that if it continues, she won't get to be around you or her grandchildren. Jsut because she's your mother doesn't mean she gets to treat you like this.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 4:13 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Limit the amount of time you spend with her.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 4:14 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I would try and to talk to her about her behavior. If that doesn't work I would distance myself and my children from her. She should not be undermining you in front of your children and she should not be calling them names or disrespecting your husband in that manner. You are going to have to stand up to her if you want this behavior to end. Good luck, Sweetie.
    KandDsmama1

Answer by KandDsmama1 at 4:15 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Hate is such a strong and cruel word to use with the one you gave you life, she might not be perfect but she is the only mom you got, if there are things you don't like about her, tell her. What you are doing here bad mouthing her is no better than what you claim she has done.

Answer by older at 4:19 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I must be tiring, very much for you. It's not easy to have . just go out more, do good things for you, chances are she'll be the same, it's possible that she's jealous that you have a husband, is your dad still here?
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 4:22 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I'd let him take her side, . honestly... if it was the way for me to live in peace, and .....he didn't mind helping, why not.
    t
    this way you get to just relax and let him do it, ( like if you don't mind it won't matter, ......!!! = ) hang in there!
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 4:24 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• i understand comepletely, my mother is a b!tch also. try to stay away from her as much as possible. i know talking doesn't work, i'm sure you've tried it before, so have i.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 4:25 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• She enjoys his attention and it's a good thing she does, let things happen, let it go....

Working with the way it is, be happy and let it be. Just don't look at it as her personal attack, she will not change.
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 4:26 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• mother's can be a pain yes they do the things just to get a rise out of us my mom did it for 43 years of my life.will get any better no not till you look at your mom ,wow your good did you think of this all by your self or did you have help being mean,if you speak up she back down or rethink what she is doing to your family.even she keeps it up tell her the pill she takes are not working they might have to be stronger she is still mean as ever.keep up till she backs down ,she might not like things you say but if she ever says your mean it hurt doesn't it now you know how i feel
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 4:29 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• They way you talk on here, maybe the apple didnt fall far from the tree! Before you evaluate her, maybe changing you would help!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 4:52 PM on Aug. 9, 2010