hitting

My son won't stop hitting ppl what should I do

kadmomma

Asked by kadmomma at 4:13 PM on Aug. 9, 2010 in General Parenting

• We dont let our son hit, if he hits us, we take the hand that he hit us with and hit him back with it. But he's one, it would be what ever is age appropriate
    browningmom

Answer by browningmom at 4:21 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• It depends on how old your child is. Does he have a favorite toy you can take away? Will he sit in time out? Can you give him work around the house to do?(yucky work works best :D)
    stweshjali

Answer by stweshjali at 5:09 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Make your child stand against the wall with his nose close and his hands up... planted against the wall using his age as the minutes, and add a minute every time they move, put their hands down or talk. Had to do this to my four year old because he keep jumping on the neighbors couch when we were visiting.Needless to say he stop jumping on the couches at home also and if it slip his mind..... I ask him if he wants to get against the wall and he immediately sits down.
    romona5

Answer by romona5 at 12:25 AM on Aug. 10, 2010