What are your most favorite and least favorite things about CafeMom Answers?

Cafe BTC

Asked by Cafe BTC at 4:16 PM on Aug. 9, 2010 in About CafeMom

• One last thing. There are too many open questions. it would be great if there were a way to encourage people to close them out.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 5:12 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Best-all the funny ladies
    worst- all the ladies that have sticks up their butts

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:18 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Most - it can be fun, interesting, even entertaining

Least - less activity on the journals now
    Least - too many rollover ads, difficult to navigate
    Least - soo many posts that aren't actually questions
    Least - the ability to respond to a question more than once leads people to engage in bullying behaviors, shouting matches, and intimidation tactics when someone posts an opinion differing from their own. I would prefer posters only be allowed to respond to a question one time to assist in eliminating some of the immature behaviors.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 4:20 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Worst: the non-question posts, I think they should all be moved to the journals section automatically. Or deleted.
    Worst: that we can't go back and edit when we misspell or forget something.

Best: The actual questions.
    missingruth

Answer by missingruth at 4:38 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I like it here :), obviously.

If you expect the community to police the trolling tho, you should allow a bump down vote (for questions) after a very high level. It's really kind of stressful for you all to expect us to buck up and tell someone that they're being a creep, and then have to deal with the ramifications/bashing.

if you do it anon, no one takes you seriously, plus, you lose credits if people vote you down.
    I don't mind driving the ship, but give me some protection.

I do like the spirit of camraderie and that there are lots more questions, and a little general silliness to partipate in too, and I love that you've separated the games from the serious questions so I can play games when I'm in the mood, and easily answer advice q's when I want to do that.
    I also love the profanity filters and the tmi button, so I can filter on my own, what my kids can see.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 4:24 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I hate that voting "best answer" closes the quesiton
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 4:17 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I would like a bump down option, like the poster above me stated.
    I also see the benefit to not being able to give multiple responses to a question.

I like: the separation of the serious questions from the fun and games
    I dislike: the immaturity and personal attacks made by so many of the posters.
    justnancyb

Answer by justnancyb at 4:31 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• BEST Being able to ask REAL questions and get replies, etc WORST the whole point and badges system! I'm NOT in high school anymore and could really care less. The voting up and down isn't so bad now that it's been moved to it's new location. I'm sure up and down votes could have been done without the whole point system. Prior to the point system I HATED the I'm a prego questions, or my kids is running 103 temp WHAT should I do. Medical advice should not be given or taken over the net. Yes I've asked medical related questions, but they weren't really what should I do, or Am I pregnant, or what can these bumps be. They were and have been more on the lines of I KNOW this is what I've have/had, this is what I'm doing, is there anything else I should bring to my doctor's attention, etc. Those are different then what is this? Am I prego? Now with the points the questions that are requesting points are bad too.
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 4:31 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• A question should automatically close with the most voted up answer being awarded best answer if the OP doesn't bother coming back to close it.

Gaccck

Answer by Gaccck at 5:59 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Best - conversations about important topics that aren't subject to moderation by a biased group owner or journal owner who will favor friends and like minded opinions above facts

Worst - points, voting, games, points, voting, games, points and voting.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:26 PM on Aug. 9, 2010