Have you ever used ear candles?

I thought using them to remove ear wax was just a wive's tale but when we tried it on my BF, it made a world of difference for him. The FDA got all uppity with the packaging so now they are just called "beeswax candles" instead of "ear candles" and the instructions to remove ear wax are missing.

tasches

Asked by tasches at 4:23 PM on Aug. 9, 2010 in Health

• i love them! i use them all the time, on my brother, husband, brother in law, grandma, cousins, they are amazing
    jamiethornton26

Answer by jamiethornton26 at 4:29 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Yes. Used it on my hubby. it got a lot of wax out!
    SwtSnowflake2

Answer by SwtSnowflake2 at 4:25 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• we did it about a year ago. i am glad there were directions... i wouldn't have known what to do otherwise. i didn't notice a difference, but dh did.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 4:26 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• yes! freakin crazy what you find in them afterwards! I havent heard about the FDA situation! thats odd. I havent bought them in a while though.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 4:26 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I've heard of them, but never used on...Always wanted to, though. I'm curious. lol.
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 4:39 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I don't, but DH does and now he has my BIL using them as well and they both swear by them. My BIL uses them just to remove ear wax cause he says the after feeling feels good, but my DH usually uses them when he gets an ear ache. He says his ears feel better after. I don't use them I am afraid he will burn me or it will hurt lol. My DH and BIL like to open them after and see all the wax that came out lol....all I have to say about that part is yuckkkkkkkk lol
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 4:56 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• ooh I want to try it!
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:27 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• They don't actually do anything for your ears. The "earwax" that ends up in the candle is just a byproduct of the burning of the actual candle. They're just an old wives' tale. They can actually cause serious burns to your eardrum because the wax can drip down. I would just go to a fast care clinic and ask to have your ears cleaned out - they use a water pik like machine to wash out your ears.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 5:08 PM on Aug. 9, 2010