past life

do any of you believe in past life? if so why, if not why? do you know how to go about finding out about your own past life?

jamiethornton26

Asked by jamiethornton26 at 4:28 PM on Aug. 9, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I always believed that this was possible, but after I saw this one segment on Good Morning America, I really believe it is.

"The parents of James Leininger were first puzzled and then disturbed when their two-year-old son began screaming out chilling phrases during recurrent nightmares, such as, "Plane on fire! Little man can't get out!" The centerpiece of a loving family of three, James was a happy, playful toddler who had only just begun stringing together sentences. Determined to understand what was happening to their son, Bruce and Andrea set off on a journey of discovery that was to rock them to their core. For the more they researched the arcane comments and fragmented details little James revealed, the more they were drawn inescapably to a shocking conclusion: that James was reliving the life of James Huston, a World War II fighter pilot who was killed in the battle for Iwo Jima-- over sixty years ago!"

layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 4:40 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• The above is a description of the book "Soul Survivor" By Bruce Leininger. I have not yet read this book, but I want to.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 4:41 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I do. Not really sure why. I've talked to my brother and Grandpa through a medium and their personalities came across to a T. It was amazing. Why do you ask? I also very much believe in angels. The whole spiritual stuff is amazing to me. I read a lot on the topic. Not sure I understand it all but it's great to read about.
    AleciaK

Answer by AleciaK at 4:41 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Lol ,this is where i found out me..

http://www.thebigview.com/pastlife/

My past life diagnosis:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I don't know how you feel about it, but you were male in your last earthly incarnation.You were born somewhere in the territory of modern Greece around the year 1025. Your profession was that of a teacher, mathematician or geologist.
    Your brief psychological profile in your past life:
    Such people are always involved with all new. You have always loved changes, especially in art, music, cooking.
    The lesson that your last past life brought to your present incarnation:
    The world is full of ill and lonely people. You should help those, who are less fortunate than you are.
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 4:42 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Oh that book is amazing. My son used to say things that make me wonder. There is a lady who does past life readings in Iowa. It's over the phone. Her website is http://www.colleenhelgerson.com/. I've never done a past life reading with her but she did a Reiki treatment on me and an Akashic Records reading.
    AleciaK

Answer by AleciaK at 4:44 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I find it fascinating and truly possible - where does our soul go? So much unexplained phenomena.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 4:48 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• but how much does that cost? i believe i have at least three past lives. cuz i feel i am very close with three times in history. once, i love the middle ages. i almost miss those times, as wierd as that sounds. i feel like i know what it was like to be there, it is my favortie time in history. second, the civil war. i feel like stories i have knew from then i can id with. i feel like i have been through it. the third, i think i drown in the titantic. i feel the need to know what everything related to that topic. i also have a fear of big ships and drowning. i also feel like i know what the sound of a boat sinking would sound like under water and when ifirst saw the pics of the titantic under the water i started to cry. while i cant stop looking at them, they fill me with a sense of fear and saddness. but i need to see them, its weird.
    jamiethornton26

Comment by jamiethornton26 (original poster) at 4:51 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I know of a number of past lives. Some of which I have more information on and more memories of than others. But seeing how I have clear memories and can give names and places of things I would have no knowledge of in this life, it's clear to me that that is the case. I would like to go through some regression therapy in the future to discover more, but at the moment all I know is what I have found through my own memories, journals and research.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:01 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I KNOW that I have lived a life as a Druid princess. How do I know. I have "memories" of being in a cloak and being part of several ceremonies. I think that is why I have such a strong need to see Ireland in this life. I also have dreams of flying (more like floating) over The Cliffs of Moher. I didn't even know what or where that was until someone here on CM showed me a picture and I had a "That's it" moment. I had a reading with some one here on CM once and she said she could "feel" at least 5 lives I have had before. So, I am still not sure how many I have had, but I know at least one of them has been in Ireland.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 9:59 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• in doing my genealogy i have stumbled upon ancestors whose places and times i feel very connected to and discovered an idea about genetic remembering. i'm not too sure about the past lives stuff in the way you are talking about... never really connected with that notion. but i have read some stories from people who are convinced they know theirs and believe them...
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 12:01 AM on Aug. 10, 2010