Sharp pains in lower abdomen...what do you think?

I am almost 14 weeks pregnant and today I was sitting in our computer chair and I hopped up rather quickly and I had a sharp shooting pain go through my lower abdomen that made me double over and almost feel faint..it went away quickly.

Then the rest of the day I have had the same feeling....more mild and just when I am laying on the couch.

No bleeding or anything....

What do you think this is?

mom2twobabes

Asked by mom2twobabes at 4:36 PM on Aug. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Round ligament pain is a pain in your abdomen usually brought on by a sudden change in position. The pains can be sharp stabbing pains or a varying degree (usually when I stand up really fast it hurts me for a few minutes or until I double over in pain). I have learned to get up slower. Also, the pain could still be occuring because you pulled or strained something or just generally from the stretching of your ligaments as they are getting ready to stretch to accomodate a growing baby. A few weeks ago I was getting a pain in my lower right abdomen and I would try to stretch and get rid of the pain but that didn't really work. The best thing to do if it's bothering you is to lay down for a little while on your left side and just relax. Try to get up slower than you used to because this will start happening with increasing frequency if you continue jumping up quickly. The pain doesn't really mean anything but it does hurt
    LevisWife8587

Answer by LevisWife8587 at 4:53 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Sounds like round ligament pain to me.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 4:38 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• round ligament pain. and you may have pulled something and now it's sore.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 4:39 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• it's something that's fairly common. i've had the same pains, especially when getting up. i'm 20wks now and still have it at times.
    boom_maker

Answer by boom_maker at 4:50 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Well you're already getting some strain on the muscles, ligaments, etc.... quick movement you can pull them or make them cramp pretty easily sometimes. Be gentile with them, they're working hard.
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 5:07 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Thats what I was thinking...and HOPING you guys would say! But I was worried since it was so sudden and sharp!

I try to remember to move slowly..but I forget...lol! THANK YOU FOR making me feel better about it!
    mom2twobabes

Comment by mom2twobabes (original poster) at 5:46 PM on Aug. 9, 2010