How much more is an Iphone than a run of the mill cell?

Monthly fee? I am unschooled in the world of cell phones. Is it that much more per month to have an iphone vs a regular cell phone.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:41 PM on Aug. 9, 2010 in Money & Work

• AT&T just changed their internet prices. But we pay an additional $30 per month per line for each of our iphones. We have unlimited internet.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 4:42 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Depends on what you are actually asking about. The phone, or the phone service. The phones are anywhere between $100 and $500, depending on the "Generation" and MB it runs on. I have the basic "8," my kids all have the "32." I paid $100 for mine, they paid close to $500 for theirs. The service is around $120 per month with unlimited use. Same for them. Happy shopping!
    momof2g3b

Answer by momof2g3b at 4:46 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I refuse to get a phone that I have to pay for. I am very happy with my EV Touch.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:11 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• We just switched over. We had normal cell phones with Verizon. 2 Cell phones. 500 texts and 500 minutes. After taxes and fees, we paid about $85.

We now have AT&T. 2 iPhones. 550 minutes, unlimited texts, and 2 GB for data (2 GB is the the most, there is not an option for unlimited data). We get a 20% discount because my husband works for Intel and our bill before taxes and fees is around $120. We haven't gotten a bill, yet, or I would tell you the after taxes and fees amount. We use our wireless internet when we're at home rather than 3G network.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 8:51 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Correction, from what I understand, the data is unlimited if you are using a wireless network. 2 GB is the limit if you only use the 3G network.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 8:54 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• At & t has actually revised their data plans for the iPhone. The unlimited for $30.00 is no longer available. Now you have to buy so much for $15.00, etc. There is no more unlimited.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 9:25 PM on Aug. 9, 2010