for those who believe in reincarnation....

ive always thought i believed in reincarnation, especially because i just think that you live lives until youve learned everything you need to learn on the earth, and then you can rest wherever we go, but if we are so many different things.. what are we when finally are off the earth for good? it bothers me to think that once my mom dies, and then i die, that when i get to wherever we go - she wont be my mom anymore.
but then again, im not sure what i believe, because my mom got a reading by george anderson. she waited a year for it, and paid $1,000 - to speak to her dead father. she has a taperecording of the reading, and this guy was FOR SURE talking to my grandpa. there are things that he just possibly could not have known if he wasnt. so... maybe we can be all the things we were on earth?

PURPULbutterfly

Asked by PURPULbutterfly at 4:43 PM on Aug. 9, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Okay, I can't tell you what to believe, but here is my feelings on the subject. I believe there are stages to both live and death, it's a cycle like any other. We are born and live our life to it's end, once our physical life ends we still have a great connection to earth and those on it, so just because our physical life is over doesn't mean that "this life" is actually over, simply that we are living it in a different form. I believe that once we pass away we ascend to a "higher form" or a "spiritual form," at which point we become "spiritual guides" or "guardian angels" for those we left behind in their physical life. I believe that each life comes with a propose and lesson, and that not all of those proposes or lessons can be fulfilled by our physical form. Because of this I don't believe our "next life" actually starts until we are actually reborn on earth, in a new physical form...

cont...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:50 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I also believe we can not be reborn in to that new physical form until our propose for life is completely fulfilled and we are no longer remembered on the physical plain. I believe in most cases we are reborn on earth around those we have a spiritual connection with. For example, a dear friend of mine was actually my sister in a previous life. Our spiritual connection transcends our physical placement through lives, the connection will always be there.

However, I do not believe this is a never ending cycle. Once our spirits have gathered the understandings needed and are "complete" (by living and learning) we are then able to descend in to the underworld were we remain, in peace - a "Heaven like" place of beauty and happiness where we can watch over those who have come after us.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:56 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I believe there ARE exceptions to these "cycles" of life - for instance those who remain as "ghosts" or those who are not "forgotten" because of their great deeds through their physical life... However, in general, this is the cycle the majority of us will go through over and over...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:58 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I believe with everything Sabrina wrote. I read a lot of Sylvia Browne's books, agreed with a lot of her thoughts too. In addition I believe our soul maps out and studies what we are to accomplish and learn each life. If you look at your own life line you may be able to see a pattern of things. For instance in my 20s I lost a friend (also always in their 20s) in dramatic ways, as in how they died, suicide, homicide, etc. I went through that phase for many reasons, most likely will have a purpose later in my life. But anyways I agree that once we have learned and accomplished all we were to do in human form our soul goes onto the more spiritual side. When my best friend passed away a few years ago I had instances where I knew she was still "around", like visiting, however in the last year and a half I think she has moved on. I just feel that in my heart she made a very quick transition onto something new. Can't wait to find out
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 5:33 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Like the other ladies, I too believe that our connection to this Earth and the people on it is never ending. I also agree with the "cycle" of life as well. The only thing I differ in is what happens when the lassons are learned, but not alot.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 9:48 PM on Aug. 9, 2010