When to date after divorce?

Divorce should be final soon...how long SHOULD I wait before I start dating again? I have two young children.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:44 PM on Aug. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• Whenever you're ready. There is really no set time period that is appropriate, every person and every divorce is different.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 4:45 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Whenever you feel ready to get back out there! If you are ready now, go for it.. No reason to be alone for the rest of your life.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 4:47 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I'd wait as long as you feel the need to, but I wouldn't introduce the man to your children until you're serious and have been dating a little while. Just IMO.
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 4:48 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Only you can decide that. I agree though, you should be cautious and wait a while before introducing new guys to your kids.
    kimbob2284

Answer by kimbob2284 at 4:50 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I'm with Glamourina. I started dating about a month afterwards. Once I was sure about the guy (1st and only one I dated after the divorce) I introduced my DD to him and a week later, he introduced his DS to me.

If either child would have had a problem, we wouldn't have worked out since our kids are the most important thing.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 4:52 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I would wait until you feel "settled" again. Your children are going to go through an adjustment period and the last thing they need is to divide their time with mom and her boyfriend. Spend time with your children, and when you think you can juggle being a single parent, work, and your childrens needs, then start thinking about dating again. And even though you may feel like getting back into the dating scene again, I think you should take some time for yourself to reflect on what went wrong in your marriage and what you REALLY want in the next man you date. :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:52 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Don't let anyone judge you. You know when you are ready.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 4:52 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Everyone is different I would definitely wait a few months just to see if you like being single and get some you time GL
    Truelove77

Answer by Truelove77 at 4:53 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I don't think there's a specific time line for that...just when you feel you're ready. I wouldn't bring anyone around the kids for a while though. Just go out and enjoy yourself...
    lizard111

Answer by lizard111 at 5:53 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I agree with everyone who said that its all about how you feel. Whenever your ready and dont introduce your kids to soon either. Im going through a divorce as well and my boys are really young. So i know how it is, im nervous but excited to get back out there.
    MaverickMama

Answer by MaverickMama at 1:24 AM on Aug. 10, 2010