have u ever been/lived somewhere where u feel like u dont belong?

i lived in my current town nearly 12 yrs and i still feel like i dont fit in. i made a few friends and joined social clubs( mother to mother ministries) and i still like i dont belong. i hate it here, i tried changing my thinking telling myself this is a great town and i have great friends but still feel like something is missing. i went to visit the town i went to HS in and felt at home, like i belonged there. anyone else go through that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:50 PM on Aug. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

• very much so. i go to cosmetology school and there is so much estrogen there it drives me nuts, i feel like it's too much a lot of the time. when i was younger i didn't belong in high school, i got out. college will work out i just have a few more months left! i will send out good vibes your way. sometimes you just have to find like one person to hang out with, someone that gets you and you get them sort of thing you feel a lot better.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 5:05 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• i lived in FL for 2 years and i loved it so much. i loved all of the things to do, the weather, everything. i liked the people too but i just didnt really fit in with them so after a couple of years, and still not really having any friends, i moved back home to NY.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 4:56 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• we moved a few months ago. from a really small rural area to a city of over 500,000. i hate it here and i dont belong. we visited home a little while after we moved and it didnt feel the same. i dont think i could move back there, but maybe somewhere in that state. i just know i hate it here!
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 5:00 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• My husband and I moved away from the town I grew up in in February to a town I always considered "stuck up and rich" and living here I still feel that way. I haven't made a single friend and every time I drive the 2 hours to see my family I miss it. I wish I could go back "home," but I know that we made the right choice by moving here, because my husband was making the 2 hour commute every day and I like being able to see him before 9 at night and that he doesn't have to leave the house until 8
    MamaSarah1104

Answer by MamaSarah1104 at 5:16 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Pretty much every time we move, I feel I don't belong. Everybody seems to be set in their little friendship circles and don't always welcome outsiders. People have grown up with each other and are lifelong friends. I've moved 13 times in the past 16 years.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 6:37 PM on Aug. 9, 2010