Has anyone used the Kirkland brand diapers? If so how do they compare to Huggies?

I want to start using cloth when I am home with my lo, but my mom will continue with disposables when she watches him during the day. Disposables are expensive in general and she has been buying Huggies which fit him really well, but are on the high end.

Quayla

Asked by Quayla at 2:44 AM on Oct. 6, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If the huggies shes using fit him good then you might want to go a size up if you switch to the kirkland thats one differance i noticed in them theyr a little smaller. They kept falling offf of my son so i thought he was ready to move up a size and bought huggies bigger and they were way too big. I didnt like to use them at night either i don't think they absorb as much. I just get the big boxes of huggies at costco i think it's not too much more expensive(and we're on a tight budget). The kirkland ones we had to buy more often so i think they ended up costing us more.
    BabyGsMaMa13

Answer by BabyGsMaMa13 at 2:53 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• we love the kirkland diapers.. when we left the hospital, they sent us home with a package of swaddlers from pampers, but we stopped using them, our son was born really long, and the kirkland diapers are longer thru the crotch, so they actually fit him better than anything.. he has only had one leak and that was my moms fault, as she had never put a diaper on a boy LOL anyhow, she didnt get him tucked down good enough and from that point on she knew to point it south as best she could. They are a great price. Most moms buy luvs huggies or pampers, you are the first to even suggest them.. i also like them, cause they arent covered with plastic. We also use cloth, but he prefers the kirkland
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 11:44 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• We also began with swaddlers. Then used Kirkland till she got to a Huggies size 3. Personally the Kirkland are fine. But the more expensive diapers are just more polished. As though the Kirkand are rustic. They do just fine, I think the cartoons are generic, not something you will see on TV. (My sister in law has a daughter the same age as mine so in-laws bought diapers, etc for all on a monthly budget. So we are into huggies now that sister in law decided she prefers huggies for bigger babies.)

The Kirkland Baby Wipes are fantastic! That is one to continue using rather then the other wipes!
    JWang76

Answer by JWang76 at 1:46 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• WE have tired them both and i like huggies a ton better. With my daughter she broke out in a rash to kirkland. Huggies she has never had a rash and Huggies diapers also hold a ton more liquid then the kirkland. She was always leaking with the kirkland diapers
    turtle07

Answer by turtle07 at 9:32 PM on Jun. 5, 2009