How do I.....

explain to my husband of 3 1/2 years that I am not in love with him anymore....he has no where to go and we have 2 kids together.... there is no other guy on my end I just dont love him anymore.....I know that is the first thing he will think..and even If i say there is not he will most likely not believe me.....I do care about him and cannot just throw him out like that....but I want to be happy again....we have been through a lot of things and I really think that that has pulled me away from him....I am so upset about it and its been driving me crazy...I just don't know how to bring it up to him.....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:00 PM on Aug. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• do you really want to leave him? maybe just work on your marriage. find some time for each other and try to remember why you married him.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 5:02 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• There is not an easy way of doing this but by being honest, tell him, you do care for him and that you are no longer in love with him as a wife should love a husband, and that you don' want to leave him in the streets, but that you would appreciate if he made other plans to live elsewhere. Give him a time frame and follow through.

Answer by older at 5:02 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Talk to him. After you get the kids down for the night talk to him. He deserves to know the truth. Maybe you two should go to some counseling together.
    A.Perry

Answer by A.Perry at 5:03 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Didn't you take vows before God and your family with your hubby? Marriage isn't just a feeling..
    1lilgirl

Answer by 1lilgirl at 5:04 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Just come out and tell him straight up. Let him now that your not in love, I wouldn't say give up on him cause anything could be fixed, Maybe you feel the resentment towards him cause your home all day taken care of the kids and your not getting enough help or attention from him. If you can't work things out then you could atleast do the honest thing and tell him your not in love or happy.
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 5:04 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I just want to point out that you told us you are not in love with him and on that note, I spoke out, there is nothing worse than living a life in a loveless marriage, no one profits from this and that includes children involved.

Answer by older at 5:04 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Have you considered going through the motions that got you to fall in love with him in the first place? Maybe go out on a date. Do something romantic together. Since you still care about him, maybe that spark isn't gone... it's just buried in stress. Try making it shine again.
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 5:04 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I bumped you to get more people to give you advice, good luck!

Answer by older at 5:05 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Love is a choice, not a feeling.

Answer by missanc at 5:06 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• If you still care, why leave? Would you want to go to counseling instead? Does he know that your not happy? Maybe thats where you should start is "Honey we have a problem and I want to go to counseling". You didnt just fall out of love with him, it took something for that to happen. Dont give up on your marriage yet, you have two things counting on you. Your kids, they wouldnt understand either.
    browningmom

Answer by browningmom at 5:06 PM on Aug. 9, 2010