Pre-seed....

Has anyone tried it? has it worked for you? im considering doing it, but am not sure if its a good idea or not

juliagulia0210

Asked by juliagulia0210 at 5:16 PM on Aug. 9, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• You have to know about when you are ovulating or it won't help. And are you ovulating. If you use it and aren't ovulating, you just wasted money or if you use it to far ahead.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 5:23 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• It's a good idea if you have lubrication problems and you're TTC. It won't make you pregnant, but it can make the process a lot more comfortable. I highly recommend it.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 5:25 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• i have not used it yet, and dont know exactly when im ovulating. i will go get the ovulation tests to find out when im ovulating. thank you
    juliagulia0210

Comment by juliagulia0210 (original poster) at 5:26 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• do you have any suggestions of over the counter things that will increase my chances of getting pregnant?
    juliagulia0210

Comment by juliagulia0210 (original poster) at 5:27 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• You may want to read up on Natural Family Planning about recording basal body temp, cervical position, and cervical position. If you don't have regular cycles, it will be cheaper than buying the test kits. All you need for this is a basal thermometer (walmart/target/cvs). you can get the charts on-line.

If you want a book about it Taking Charge of your Fertility by Toni Weschler is a good read. easy to understand and you pretty much understand what to do in the first few chapters.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 5:34 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• If you have fairly regular cycles and you're under 35 the best thing you can do is learn about your cycle and figure out when you are ovulating. The book Taking Charge of Your Fertility will point you in the right direction. I think living a healthy lifestyle will probably help more than the things you can buy over the counter. Getting your body ready to carry a baby will also give your baby the best possible start. If you aren't already, consider starting a prenatal vitamin.

If you're older or have irregular periods or other problems a visit to your OB/GYN is in order.

GL!

TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 5:41 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I never tried it...just research it first...
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 11:26 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I would highly recommend the Taking Charge of your Fertility book and software. I bought the software for my comptuer and knew I was pregnant before I even took a test. It teaches you about cervical mucas, basil body temp, body changes and etc. It is great.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 1:55 AM on Aug. 10, 2010