If you knew that your DH's friend was cheating on his family, would you tell the wife? Or keep the secret? adult content

My DH's best friend is cheating on his family, and they are having problems. But they decided to work things out, on their own. He hasn't come clean to his wife about the cheating, and is still seeing the other woman. I feel horrible for knowing this and not telling the wife, but DH wants me to stay out of it. Personally if it was me, I would want to know. I just dont know what I should do.....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:38 PM on Aug. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• Are you good friends with the wife? If not, I would keep my distance and stay out of it. Or... send an anonymous letter... After all, I'm sure you're not the only one who knows that she is being cheated on.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 5:40 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I would tell. That is my opinion. I had a friend who had a hubby cheating on her. Her husband, let's call him Joe, told our friends hubby, John. John told his wife that Joe was cheating. So John, my hubby and both of us wives sat our girlfriend down and told her Joe was cheating.....again. They divorced, there were other problems too, but she is happily remarried now.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 5:40 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• i would tell the husband to come clean to the wife by friday, or you will tell her.
    OR, i would stay out of it completely.
    this is really hard. i would want to know too, and honestly, i would feel betrayed that others knew and did not tell me.
    some people would rather not know.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 5:41 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I would let DH know and let him take it from there unless you are friends with the wife.

Unless you have hard proof, if she doesn't believe you, it could drive a wedge between your DH and his friend.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 5:41 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• i would only tell if we were really close friends otherwise i would mind my own business
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 5:41 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• This is tough. I know I would want to know if my husband wasn't being faithful. Regardless of who told me I would be grateful. And I don't think I could stand by and watch a husband cheat on his wife all the while "trying to fix" his relationship with her, especially if it was one of my husband's "friends".
    boizmom

Answer by boizmom at 5:42 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• i would also tell my dh he needs to find new friends
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 5:42 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Okay, my take is that if he didn't want anyone to know, they wouldn't. So, a cheater who has friends who knows he's cheating is just waiting for someone to tell the wife. If I were you, I would tell her.
    Tad83

Answer by Tad83 at 5:50 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• i would want to know too but i dont know how i would say it to her good luck
    shannonsmom555

Answer by shannonsmom555 at 5:50 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• He must tell her; she needs to get tested for STDs. Tell him if he does not tell her, then you will

Answer by rkoloms at 5:51 PM on Aug. 9, 2010