Apathetic Child!

My 4 year old son is very apathetic towards me! He is great at school and away from home. But with me he truly does not care about his actions. I am at a lost for discipline cause nothing works! Any one else have this problem?

mslksdh

Asked by mslksdh at 5:50 PM on Aug. 9, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• It is typical, some kids are great at school and their teachers and then a bit bratty at home. Very normal. Just keep your ground, take away privileges as a way of getting his attention. Age appropriate of course. Timeouts are good, but stick to you guns girl!
    AdrianaS

Answer by AdrianaS at 6:35 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I don't understand your use of apathetic. Does he just ignore you about discipline, or does he just not seem to want any interaction with you? If it's just discipline, that is fairly common. Maybe he has so much structure at school that at home he wants to push some limit. Pick your battles, and enjoy your time with him, but do stand your ground about the important issues.
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 8:44 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I agree with the first 2 posters.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 10:01 PM on Aug. 10, 2010