Potty Training *help!

My DS wll be 2 on Sunday and he has no interest in the potty. He did around 1 year and he would pee on the potty several times a day then one day he quit!

Now he is not wanting to keep a diaper on. He takes his diaper off (and pants) as soon as he pees! I've tried putting him on the potty but he doesnt pay attention enought and wants to mess with everything in the bathroom. I've tried having the potty out of the bathroom and he does the same thing.

I honestly don't know what to do. Terrible two's and this potty thing isn't going well!!

Any ideas & advice would be fabulous! :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:54 PM on Aug. 9, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• well sounds like you shuold wait a month or so and try again. if he doesnt want to forcing him will make him fight you more
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 5:58 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Give it some more time.....my now 2 1/2 year old did the same thing.....when she turned 2 she lost interest....a few weeks later it returned....so we attempted it...her body wasnt ready...she would pee every 5 minutes literally...so we went back to diapers and waited a few more weeks.....about 3 months after her birthday she was able to get it...she was fully (including nights) trained in a week....wait till he shows signs...also we went straight to underwear...a little more messy in the beginning but more effective and less cost....we did pull ups once and she used them like diapers...so when it is time go all the way...dont push the issue....it will make things worse...his time will come i promise!!
    mylady13135

Answer by mylady13135 at 6:01 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• The way we trained our son at 2 was just getting rid of diapers (Except for night) One day we put him in underwear and just told him if you pee you will get wet. It took 3 days till he was %100 and by the month mark he was also sleeping through the night with no diaper. A neighbor had given me that advise and it worked for us. I do have friends in which they tried that method and it failed but its worth a shot.
    brandosmomm-e

Answer by brandosmomm-e at 7:34 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

brandosmomm-e

Answer by brandosmomm-e at 7:35 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

brandosmomm-e

Answer by brandosmomm-e at 7:36 PM on Aug. 9, 2010