if you arn't going to be helpful shut the hell up adult content

i posted a QUESTION on here about my son breaking some rules and shooting at a window and breaking it in a nother post. i asked for ADVISE. some people gave me that, for which i am greatful. some however only put "you shouldn't have bought him a gun." guess what, i understood that when he shot out a (estmated) $500 windshield. with a gun that was a gift. i know that if i post on here i may hear things i don't like. and i don't care if you think BB guns should never be given to kids. that is not the point. the point is it happened, and i had a question about what should come next. bash me all you want over this, i don't care. i just wanted to exspres how i feel about wasting my time reading the same stupid responce, over and over when it is too far to late to help.

happy-go-lucky

Asked by happy-go-lucky at 6:09 PM on Aug. 9, 2010 in General Parenting

• Some people have nothing better to do than criticize others. They think their kids are perfect. they have a rude awakening coming!

We never know what our kids will do. They are KIDS, they will make mistakes. Adults make mistakes too!

I agree, they need to just not post their judgmental comments!

I hope things are doing better for you all.
    AdrianaS

Answer by AdrianaS at 6:20 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Advice? Don't give a BB gun to an 8 year old. Yes, I saw it too.

You posted because you wanted people to respond. They did.
    Gaccck

Answer by Gaccck at 6:18 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• :(
    sorry you got that kind of response (i personally don't think there's anything wrong with BB guns)
    I didn't see the previous post so I don't know the whole story but maybe making him work to pay for the damage will teach him to be more responsible :)
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 6:15 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Sorry people bashed you with such a silly response. Like telling you to shut the barn door after the cows are out! Don't know what your other question said, so I can not help. Just wanted you to know not everyone here is an ass!
    Gene_Godwin

Answer by Gene_Godwin at 6:15 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• a bb gun is fine for an older child! if you have to pay for it i would make him work off every cent! and i know i hate the stupid bashing that goes on on here! drives me nuts sometimes!
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 6:15 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• i didn't read it either but you need to realize that whenever you post a question at Cafe Mom,there will be responses you're not going to like. It is just how people are---if it makes you angry,you will just have to not post questions OR just let people be themselves and maybe post something you don't want to hear.
    BB guns are for older kids,in my opinion and kids should be told how to use them.For example, use the gun for target practice in the yard,away from windows and others' property. And never shoot at living things.
    Good luck.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 6:19 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I read your first post, the your kid needs to help you pay off the window, and no bb gun until he can show you and his dad he can be trusted. Sorry you got bashed, wish people would think before they typed.
    browningmom

Answer by browningmom at 6:21 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Sorry you got bashed. I'd be a little pissed off too! Unfortunately kids do things like that sometimes...
    lizard111

Answer by lizard111 at 6:23 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• What should come next? You should pay for the damages, you are the adult who is responsible. You should take the gun away and be very thankful that only a car was damaged and not a person.
    errantmommy

Answer by errantmommy at 6:45 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• well i think that is an ok gift when my boys get older they will most likely want one so i dont see the harm in that but i didnt see the first question so i am not really sure how to answer it but i dont think u r bad for getting him a bb gun
    shannonsmom555

Answer by shannonsmom555 at 6:13 PM on Aug. 9, 2010